article thumbnail

Embracing Innovation in Learning | Social Learning Blog

Dashe & Thomson

We are moving, albeit in fits and starts, from traditional learning environments, where curriculum are essentially assigned to learners, to more collaborative and innovative environments where learners can self-direct their learning and participate in communities of passion. It was for their own good after all. Yeah, right. Terrifying!

article thumbnail

Addressing On-Demand Learning and Performance Needs #LCBQ | Social.

Dashe & Thomson

The questions prompt quite a lively and interesting discussion among online community members. In a recent post What Makes a Successful Community Manager? I think the community manager can also support and facilitate on-demand learning and performance and will be pivotal in it’s success.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

LearnTrends Innovation Awards

Upside Learning

Looks like a season for Awards; and as a vibrant community, it was about time LearnTrends joined in. Tony Karrer , Jay Cross and George Siemens have announced the first-ever LearnTrends2009 Innovation awards. I like the idea, a focused award for innovation. Ultimately, it’ll be innovation that benefits and that’s a great win!

article thumbnail

Learning’s Role in Innovation

CLO Magazine

Going forward, optimal execution is only the cost of entry and continual innovation will be the only sustainable differentiator. This puts a huge emphasis on innovation. Provided that learning and development leaders could and should have a central role in innovation, what is the chief learning officer’s responsibility?

article thumbnail

Content Curation: One More Role for an Enterprise Community Manager

ID Reflections

How does this tie in with the role of a community manager, you may ask! What role can an enterprise community manager play? In this case, the community manager's role would be akin to that of a museum curator. This can be made as general or as granular depending on the community's need. Very closely, I would say.

Community 194
article thumbnail

Announcing several new degrees and certificates, generative AI platform features, and Coursera Hiring Solutions to better serve the community worldwide 

Coursera

Today, we’re excited to announce several new content offerings, ChatGPT-powered platform innovations, and expanded immersive learning experiences to better serve our learners and educators worldwide. Additionally, we’re launching Coursera Hiring Solutions to help connect learners with entry-level digital jobs around the world.

article thumbnail

Keynoting Texas Community College Technology Forum 2010

Kapp Notes

On Friday, I’ll be in the big o’le state of Texas speaking about the future of technology for community colleges. I do a lot of work with community colleges and know first hand the innovative technologies and first class hands-on education that community colleges can provide. And a special thanks to Ann B.

Forum 140