article thumbnail

Who are Instructional Designers? The existential dilemma.

ID Reflections

ID = Instructional Design b. Similar post in this blog: In Response: Accidental Instructional Designers #dl09--Part I 5. Role: Instructional Designer: Exp: 5-9 yrs Qualification: Any Graduate Job Profile: 1.The Soft skills: Good communication & written skills. Soft skills: Good communication & written skills.

article thumbnail

DevLearn 2014 – It’s a Wrap (and it’s all about community): Featuring Meg Bertapelle

Learning Rebels

I would even make the argument that it’s more a Personal Learning Community than a network (which conjures up visions of a strange form of speed dating, strangers passing around business cards hoping for a connection). Benefits of PLN/Community/Professional Organizations. Without this community (that’s you!), Chat2lrn Avatar.

DevLearn 214
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Addressing On-Demand Learning and Performance Needs #LCBQ | Social.

Dashe & Thomson

The questions prompt quite a lively and interesting discussion among online community members. It has been around for all of my 15+ years as an instructional designer and training developer, and goes back much further than that. In a recent post What Makes a Successful Community Manager?

article thumbnail

Rapid Authoring – Freeform Vs Template Based

Upside Learning

However, instructional designers or the SMEs should be able to select the right template for the right kind of slide in the course content. But such tools may not be suited for all types of eLearning courses as the fixed behavior templates may pose constraints on the instructional design and creativity.

article thumbnail

Embracing Innovation in Learning | Social Learning Blog

Dashe & Thomson

We are moving, albeit in fits and starts, from traditional learning environments, where curriculum are essentially assigned to learners, to more collaborative and innovative environments where learners can self-direct their learning and participate in communities of passion. As VP, Instructional Design Services for Dashe & Thomson, Inc.

article thumbnail

Announcing several new degrees and certificates, generative AI platform features, and Coursera Hiring Solutions to better serve the community worldwide 

Coursera

AI-ASSISTED COURSE BUILDING – Based on a few simple prompts from a human author, the course-building tool will use generative AI to quickly auto-generate course content, such as overall course structure, descriptions, tags, readings, assignments, glossaries, and suggestions of relevant public content already on Coursera that could be included.

article thumbnail

Why an Instructional Design Degree from Bloomsburg University ROCKS our Community!

Kapp Notes

A while back I wrote an entry called Why an Instructional Design Degree from Bloomsburg University ROCKS! where I discussed all the neat things our students do in the program for the Department of Instructional Technology while earning a Master of Science in Instructional Technology in our program. It is a great calling.