article thumbnail

Keeping Up - April's Big Question

eLearning Cyclops

However, being involved in an e-learning community is a big help. For me it is a blog community and following many experts on Twitter. Many of the blogs I follow are part of the eLearningLearning community. Tagged either under Development Tools or Cloud. It is tough to stay on top of all the emerging tools.

article thumbnail

Web 2.0 Applications in Learning

Tony Karrer

Ranking, tagging, top stories Tags link back to the tagger's BluePages profile IBM owns more than 50 islands in Second Life. IBM I only briefly mentioned how other organizations are adopting these tools in a big way - The Wall Street Journal - June 18 2007 - social networking at IBM 26,000 registered blogs. No anonymous users.

Wiki 105
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Is There a Better Way to Social Learning?

Xyleme

This is due either to a lack of revenues derived from social software licenses or to having a specific industry focus, or both. In most organizations, social learning initiatives will be driven outside L&D Back in April, I had the opportunity to chat with Ben Kiker , the Chief Marketing Officer at Jive Software at the time.

article thumbnail

Four Ways User-Generated Content (UGC) Can Make its Way into.

Xyleme

Create Subject Matter Networks (SMNs): Socialize formal content by creating communities around its subject matter to foster rich dialogue around topics and to leverage connections between content authors and their networks. In this way, formal content is now supported and supplemented by an ecosystem of experts and related information.

Xyleme 71
article thumbnail

Five Myths of Social Learning

Xyleme

Leading social media vendors like Jive Software are integrating with the top ECM platforms to provide unified search, workflow, and storage of enterprise and social content, proving a cohesive environment where formal content is supported by an ecosystem of users that contribute expertise and relevant information.