article thumbnail

Lurking is Not a Static State

ID Reflections

Lurking and its role in communities has been on the forefront of my mind for the past few days. It has received a lot of attention in the past from the thought leaders in the realm of learning and the role of communities in personal as well as organizational learning. This is especially true of communities in enterprises.

article thumbnail

Keeping Up - April's Big Question

eLearning Cyclops

This is in reference the immense and rapidly expanding technology tools. However, being involved in an e-learning community is a big help. For me it is a blog community and following many experts on Twitter. Many of the blogs I follow are part of the eLearningLearning community.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What's on Your Social Wish List?

CLO Magazine

Front-running companies are installing social networks such as Chatter, Jive, Connections, Socialcast, Yammer, Socialtext, SharePoint, Ideo and HootSuite like there’s no tomorrow. You’ve also sensed a groundswell in the learning and development community favoring social, self-directed pull learning.

article thumbnail

Your social wishlist

Jay Cross

Front-running companies are installing social networks like Chatter, Jive, Connections, Socialcast, Yammer, Socialtext, Sharepoint, Ideo, and HootSuite like there’s no tomorrow. You’ve also sensed a groundswell in the learning and development community favoring social, self-directed, “pull” learning. increase the level of innovation.

article thumbnail

Web 2.0 Applications in Learning

Tony Karrer

15 37% On-Boarding process / Corporate Information 11 27% Online Reference / Glossary 10 24% Product Information / Training 9 22% Other 8 20% Supporting Meetings, Conference Rooms, Phone Numbers, Facilitation Assignment, agenda, etc. Note: if anyone has good discussions or references for how to address these barriers, please let me know.

Wiki 105
article thumbnail

5 Questions to Ask When Setting up Communities

ID Reflections

While the terms community management and community manager are more popular, I have never found them very comfortable to use. I am happier with community leadership or community facilitation. I am happier with community leadership or community facilitation. Create communities (i.e.,

Community 147
article thumbnail

How to Create a Hobby Niche Training Based Membership Site with Steady Lead Flow with Fisherman Devin Denman

LifterLMS

everything’s got to jive. That’s a good one that people can be referred to there. I would refer to it as being like a community honey hole. Chris Badgett: You’re building community too, not just a YouTube channel-. When are you going to give back to the community?” Devin Denman: Okay.

Site 108