article thumbnail

LearnTrends: Personal Knowledge Management

Experiencing eLearning

Big KM = enterprise KM, lots of structure. Little KM = processes used by distributed teams. Personal KM = ad hoc, DIY, cheap/free. When you bookmark on delicious, you can also see how others have tagged it. Posted in Learning Communities, Lifelong Learning, PLE, Workplace Learning. A PKM Method.

article thumbnail

Knowledge Management vs. Knowledge Creation

The Performance Improvement Blog

Is KM dead? They write: The best KM systems succeeded at capturing and institutionalizing the knowledge of the firm.   Its community of advanced gamers helps each player get through to the next WoW challenge. Knowledge Management) have failed to advance learning.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Learning and KM: Separated at birth?

Jay Cross

T wo years ago, DevLearn and KM World took place simultaneously in downtown San Jose. KM World 2009 is next week. I’ll be in Hope, Arkansas; Washington, DC; and Barcelona during KM World this year, so I’ll miss the show. Corporate learning and KM are both about getting the job done.

KM 38
article thumbnail

Posts that Influenced Me in 2009

ID Reflections

Defining Knowledge Management and Enterprise 2.0 – Sharing Your Story (Luis Suarez) What did I learn: How KM turns information into decision making tools and what KM actually means. Tags: Blogs Reading Reflection Personal. And her knowledge in this area is formidable. Don't let your grace down!

article thumbnail

Informal Learning - Harold Tells Us Where To Put It - Now What

Tony Karrer

What is curious though is that much of the discussion around Informal Learning seems to center on Communities of Practice. I personally think that there's a disconnect between the design and implementation of HPT solutions and the "free range" approach that many in the Informal Learning community take.

article thumbnail

Social Media Goals

Clark Quinn

Vignette , on the other hand, started as a CMS for KM, but then added social media around it. Lithium was advertising ’successful’ communities, and so I naturally inquired about their approach. Tags: social. Talking to them, and the others there (Vignette & Lithium) has me reflecting more broadly. How about you?

article thumbnail

LearnTrends 2009: Balance, web 2.0, Internet Time Alliance, DAU

Jay Cross

I was already turning to others for help: Jane Hart for social learning and tools, Jon Husband for KM and competencies, Harold Jarche for open source and design, Charles Jennings for the major CLO’s view, and Clark Quinn for learning theory, m-learning, and serious games.