article thumbnail

LearnTrends: Personal Knowledge Management

Experiencing eLearning

These are my live blogged notes from Harold Jarche’s LearnTrends session on Personal Knowledge Management. When you bookmark on delicious, you can also see how others have tagged it. Posted in Learning Communities, Lifelong Learning, PLE, Workplace Learning. My side comments are in italics. Sense-making with PKM.

article thumbnail

10 Knowledge Management Software

Ed App

Managing your organization’s data, projects, tasks, and content resources is now made easier through the use of web-based knowledge management software. Knowledge Management Software #1 – EdApp. Knowledge Management Software #2 – Nuclino. Knowledge Management Software #4 – Flowlu.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Knowledge Management vs. Knowledge Creation

The Performance Improvement Blog

Knowledge Management) have failed to advance learning. They write: The best KM systems succeeded at capturing and institutionalizing the knowledge of the firm. The folks seeking the knowledge often had trouble finding what they needed. This doesn’t happen in the typical knowledge management system.

article thumbnail

My History of Live Blogged Notes

Experiencing eLearning

Personal Knowledge Management. Social Networking, the “Third Place,” and the Evolution of Communication. Wikis and Blogs and Tags: Oh Why? Learning Communities. E-Learning Communities. Wikis that Work: Effective Wiki Practices for Virtual Learning Communities. E-Learning 2.0 Microlearning.

Wiki 170
article thumbnail

27 Books for L&D Folks.

ID Reflections

6 Knowledge Management Cultivating Communities of Practice Etienne Wegner, et al. 7 Knowledge Management/Workplace learning/Innovation/Business Collaboration Morten Hansen. 9 Training/Performance Management/HPT First Things Fast Allison Rossett. 15 Marketing/Communication/Innovation/ The Cluetrain Manifesto.

article thumbnail

The dynamics of managing/nurturing networks of practice

Joitske Hulsebosch eLearning

Journal of Management Studies, 47(1), 85-108 The authors make a distinction between NoPs and CoPs; networks of practice and communities of practice. Twenty-two NoPs were formalized with the goal of integrating existing, dispersed knowledge. Managers should support and energize communities, not neglect and ignore them.

Network 151
article thumbnail

MOOCs in Workplace Learning – Part 3: Launching a MOOC

Learnnovators

This is a continuation of my MOOC series and also a post that draws a lot from the #MSLOC430 Community and MOOC (“C” type) that I am participating in — the open section of the graduate course in the Master’s Program in Learning and Organizational Change at Northwestern University. FUTURE OF MOOCs – An Example.