5 ways the talent experience is fundamentally changing

CLO Magazine

These journeys are curated by internal experts with personalized content directly from management and can include CEO videos, podcasts and internal livestreams to give a warm and personalized welcome. Single entry door to all knowledge and learning.

6 Key Questions to Guarantee Sales Learning Success

Allego

Organizations that take a modern sales learning approach have vastly better results, because modern learning programs reflect the needs of today’s knowledge workers. Examples of this kind of easy-to-create content are video, podcasts, voice over powerpoint, screen captures, and more.

Sales 105
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

mLearning Feature Sets: Possibilities Wide & Deep

mLearning Trends

I thought it would be good to offer a series of new posts around some of the messaging we'll be sharing with the gathered mobile learning community at DevLearn 2010 in San Francisco, California which starts later this week. Everyone knows how to use their issued device without much (or any) training and these devices facilitate the completion of typical knowledge worker tasks just about anywhere.

The Future Of Learning Design

The eLearning Coach

Coach: What types of challenges do newer technologies, such as mobile and podcast, present to the instructional designer? Too often we take something like a podcast and present it as an hour long lecture. All great techniques to use for educational podcasts. Those are all great techniques we can use in podcasts to engage our learners. Knowledge workers will log into a 3D virtual office space with easy access to other systems and other workers.

eLearning - Social Media - Mobile Learning

Tony Karrer

Here's what you might have missed last week. eLearning Learning Hot List - May 15, 2009 to May 22, 2009 Top Posts The following are the top posts from featured sources based on social signals.

12 eLearning Predictions for 2009

Tony Karrer

We may also see use of Flash Quiz Tools , polls, survey tools or something like Harbinger Knowledge's Team Pod. It's also interesting to see effort's like Articulate's Community Interactions - which is essentially the ability to add specialized interactions including new types of interactions from the developer community. #8 Podcasts / Vidcasts targeting mobile professionals (ex. Last year I laid out in January my Ten Predictions for eLearning 2008.

2009 Predictions How Did I Do?

Tony Karrer

Particularly, I’ve decided to always be a “Jack” … if you don’t know what that means or what it means about selling social learning then you should look at: Selling Learning Communities – Not Everyone Will or Wants a Group Hug. We may also see use of Flash Quiz Tools , polls, survey tools or something like Harbinger Knowledge's Team Pod. Podcasts / Vidcasts targeting mobile professionals (ex. One of my most popular posts each year is my list of predictions.

Why Corporate Training is Broken And How to Fix It

Jay Cross

Workers are disgruntled 10. Service industries challenge workers to acquire tacit knowledge — the kind of know-how one learns on the job, not in the classroom. White collar workers outnumbered their blue collar colleagues for the first time. Unfortunately, workers avoided these awful courses whenever possible and training departments sullied their reputations. That accounts for a mere 5%-10% of the way workers learn their jobs.

THE 70:20:10 MODEL – TODAY, TOMORROW & BEYOND

Learnnovators

High value knowledge work requires different capabilities and different mindsets to transactional work, and networked organisations have different needs compared to highly structured organisations. Performance support – providing support to workers at the point-of-need – is becoming more common, too, although most learning professionals have little experience in designing performance support solutions.

Ten Predictions for eLearning 2008

Tony Karrer

More podcasts and video casts for audiences with easy access, think students, remote sales forces, etc. Luckily a few will also add in more community and wiki capabilities. Prediction #10 => Knowledge Worker Skills - Just Beginning in 2008, Big in 2009 The discussion of knowledge work skills is going to be BIG. The Big Question this month are Predictions for Learning in 2008.

2008 2009

Tony Karrer

Strategy (15) PWLE Not PLE - Knowledge Work Not Separate from Learning (15) Corporate Social Bookmarking Tools (14) Corporate Learning Long Tail and Attention Crisis (13) Test SCORM Courses with an LMS (13) 90-9-1 Rule aka 1% Rule in Collaborative Environments (13) Social Conference Tools - Expect Poor Results (13) Instruction eLearning 2.0 Temporary Learning Communities A new batch of Learning Communities emerged.

Mzinga 100

PDR Design Model Supports Shift to Learning Design in the Work Context

Living in Learning

Our tactics need to shift because we no longer serve the expanded scope of the knowledge worker’s environment. If knowledge workers are not in training, they must be at work. If we (as professional designers and trainers) are successful in expanding our focus from the learning event and successful transfer of knowledge and skills, we will find the learner in the crosshairs. We have level two evaluations that confirm knowledge transfer.

The 70:20:10 Model – Today, Tomorrow & Beyond

Learnnovators

High value knowledge work requires different capabilities and different mindsets to transactional work, and networked organisations have different needs compared to highly structured organisations. Performance support – providing support to workers at the point-of-need – is becoming more common, too, although most learning professionals have little experience in designing performance support solutions.

Top 74 eLearning Posts from September 2010

eLearning Learning Posts

Other terms that i can identify with are Dave Cormier’s ‘ Community as Curriculum ‘ approach and Wendy Drexler’s elucidation of Networked learning in the ‘ Networked student model ‘ ( video ). 10 Steps to Creating an Online Community – There Aren’t Any - Engaged Learning , September 27, 2010 There aren’t any steps. Yet each community is in its own phase. Knowledge Management Contexts: Peter Drucker is a post from: E-Learning Curve Blog.

Top 125 Workplace eLearning Posts of 2009

eLearning Learning Posts

LinkedIn Guide for Knowledge Workers - eLearning Technology , July 6, 2009. Blogger in Middle-earth: Working With Online Learning Communities - Blogger in Middle-earth , April 14, 2009. Social Learning and Communities of Practice , June 4, 2009. How I create and publish podcasts » Moving at the Speed of Creativity , October 26, 2009. It’s always fun at this time of the year to look back at what’s happened in the world of eLearning.

Top 68 eLearning Posts from April - Hot Topics iPad Google Buzz

eLearning Learning Posts

Key Social Learning Roles - Daretoshare , April 4, 2010 Premise : Learning communities or networks thrive because its members possess certain skills and capabilities. Community members should be able to perform one or more of the five roles described in the table that follows. The road ahead : I am presently developing detailed role descriptions, community guidelines, role assessment tools, and the identification of appropriate learning products and offerings.

Personalizing Web Access " WebTools For Learners

Web Tools for Learners

I think knowing how to set up and manipulate our tools is essential to any skilled artisan, knowledge workers included. Trafcom News Podcast. View Entire Community. WebTools For Learners. Using the web for communication, education, and business! About. Joan Vinall-Cox’s E-Portfolio. Personalizing Web Access. Sometimes a bunch of experiences mash together and inspiration results.

2008 in retrospect

Jay Cross

Community Tips for New Leaders (blog). Knowledge workers have replaced factory workers. Shareholders owned the factories, but workers own their minds. Information spreading through network connections empowers workers to make decisions and take responsibility for them. Give workers the resources and challenge them to do what’s required. Learnscapes : where informal learning and knowledge work converge. Podcast from Web 2.0

CLO 36