article thumbnail

Very social software

Learning with e's

A veritable feast of articles on social media is appearing in the academic press at the moment. Two articles that have caught my eye deal with social software in education, and both have landed on my desk in the last few weeks. Social Software: new opportunities for challenging social inequalities in learning?

article thumbnail

Siloed Social Conversations Impede Shared Experience

Skilful Minds

I tend to feel skeptical about many developmental models in social business simply because markets differ, sometimes in fundamental ways, […]. Change Management Collaboration Experience Design Innovation Social Business Design Social Media Social Networks Uncategorized co-creation community Customer Communities Enterprise 2.0

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

50 Posts and Articles that Made Me Think in 2011

ID Reflections

and Social Business Initiatives Are Likely to Remain Difficult by JonHusband Community Management CommunityManagement: The Strategic New IT-Enabled Business Capability by DionHinchcliffe Communitymanagement: The 'essential' capability of successful Enterprise 2.0 approaches?

article thumbnail

Lurking is Not a Static State

ID Reflections

Lurking and its role in communities has been on the forefront of my mind for the past few days. It has received a lot of attention in the past from the thought leaders in the realm of learning and the role of communities in personal as well as organizational learning. This is especially true of communities in enterprises.

article thumbnail

Exploring medical technologies

Learning with e's

He had read some of my previous papers, and was interested in seeing if we could take our ideas forward in the emerging area of social media and medical education. The rest, as they say, is history. Unported License.

article thumbnail

2010 in Retrospect: Top Few Blogs and Books

ID Reflections

Why we need to kill "social media" by Rob Key 7. Generations, Social and Enterprise: adopt vs adapt by Martijn Linssen 9. The Evolving Social Organization by Harold Jarche 10. The “New” Social Learning isn’t a New Thing by Sumeet Moghe 18. and Social Software should be opt-in by Gautam Ghosh 22.

Cognitive 185
article thumbnail

Learning Theory - Enterprise 2.0 - Social Software - eLearning Learning Weekly Hot List

eLearning Learning Posts

The following are the top posts from featured sources based on social signals. SharePoint vs. Social Media - Engaged Learning , June 22, 2009. Welcome TechSmith’s New Education Community Site , June 25, 2009. Measurement & ROI for Social & Network Learning , June 18, 2009. Social Software (7).