article thumbnail

Optimizing Your Virtual Events: Essential Best Practices

Think Orion

Audio will be the centerpiece of your event, so plug in a microphone and pay attention to your surroundings. Use discreet and good-quality headphones and a microphone. Switch off your microphone if you are not speaking. Choose a room with carpet and furniture rather than tiling and earthenware. 

Hosting 98
article thumbnail

Keeping Up - April's Big Question

eLearning Cyclops

However, being involved in an e-learning community is a big help. For me it is a blog community and following many experts on Twitter. Many of the blogs I follow are part of the eLearningLearning community. Tagged either under Development Tools or Cloud. It is tough to stay on top of all the emerging tools.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

4 Tutorials to Help You Become an Audio Pro

Mindflash

Use a decent-quality microphone and place it 6 to 12 inches away from the person doing the speaking. Please use the comment link to share with the Mindflash community. Trina Rimmer is a learning and communications consultant with twelve years experience designing, developing, and delivering smart, engaging training solutions.

Audio 78
article thumbnail

10 Social Media Tools For Learning

The eLearning Coach

Key features include recording through a microphone or mixer, digitizing recordings from tapes, audio editing, importing and exporting audio files, effects and quality adjustments. In terms of content, people can add pages, upload presentations, documents and multimedia files as well as tag the pages. Google Collaboration Tools.

article thumbnail

FAQ for Learntrends April 21-22

Jay Cross's Informal Learning

Plug in a microphone and check your audio settings in Elluminate. We are members of an immense community of corporate learning & development professionals. Some of us see sharing information and inspiring innovation as our obligation to the community. Tags: need. How do I listen in? How do I speak?

article thumbnail

How to Make BYOD Work

CLO Magazine

In that environment: •Sensitive information is already tagged, secured and monitored. Devices may contribute as second screens to other learning experiences, bringing mentors in or engaging communities simultaneously with other types of learning. The right environment for BYOD will empower employees.

article thumbnail

Learning Developments: I'm not yet Captivated by Lectora

Learning Developments

See Topic: Captivate to Lectora Instructions on the Trivantis Community Forum. Tags: elearning. Currently I see a few ways to integrate: 1) Use the e-mail command in Captivate and overwrite the JavaScript function for sending the mail to instead write out to variables I create in Lectora.

Lectora 40