article thumbnail

The differences between social professional networks and communities of practice

Matrix

The meaning of ‘community’ has changed drastically with the spread of the internet and the rise of all the social networks. No longer confined by geography, people who share the same interests can connect, share and grow as a community online. Organizational value of online communities.

article thumbnail

8 Types of Online Communities: Examples & Tips on How to Build Yours

learnWorlds

The rise of online communities has transformed the way we connect, share, and engage with others. Online communities have become pivotal in fostering social interaction , offering support, facilitating professional networking, and enhancing learning opportunities.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Online MBA Learning Resources – Books, Blogs, Articles, Forums, Podcasts, and YouTube Channels

Learning Routes

Podcast: Your Thriving Guild of Support Remember, knowledge is power, but community is your shield. Join these thriving guilds of MBA adventurers on various podcasts, sharing discoveries, swapping resources, and cheering each other on. Planet Money Make economics fun and engaging with this award-winning podcast.

Forum 93
article thumbnail

Professional Organizations for Instructional Designers

Experiencing eLearning

A number of job seekers and transitioning teachers have asked about professional organizations to help people gain skills and network. The Learning Guild, ATD, TLDC, Training Magazine Network, and LDA all provide both free and paid resources for instructional designers and other learning and development professionals.

article thumbnail

How To Make Money By Sharing Expertise For Free

Experiencing eLearning

I also did a few podcast interviews, and I’m active on LinkedIn and several online communities. More on freelancing and how clients find me In 2015, I gave a presentation to the Online Network of Independent Learning Professionals on how freelance clients find me. Thursday, April 25, 10:00 EDT.

Expertise 360
article thumbnail

How to Build an Online Community in 2024

learnWorlds

Online communities have become essential for course creators, e-commerce store owners, and businesses, seeking to establish meaningful connections with their audience and drive success. In this article, we explore the essential steps for building and nurturing an online community providing an easy 7-step process.

article thumbnail

Embrace Summertime for Continuous Learning

Learning Rebels

Have fun, and bring the team or your network along for the ride. Bringing together people with different backgrounds and insights helps you see a new book in a different light or help you pick up the nuances of your favorite podcast. Your community can be your learning lifeline. Picnic and Podcast.