The differences between social professional networks and communities of practice

Matrix

The meaning of ‘community’ has changed drastically with the spread of the internet and the rise of all the social networks. No longer confined by geography, people who share the same interests can connect, share and grow as a community online. Organizational value of online communities. However, it’s a very thin line between a community focusing solely on the social aspect and one that is truly dedicated to enriching the skill and competency portfolio of its members.

Why Build Learning Community For Remote Learners Using Social Sites

Online education using WordPress as LMS

In today’s hybrid world, social networking sites play a greater role in eLearning. Building a learning community helps in collaborative learning and promotes knowledge sharing. In this article, I will outline how to build a learning community with the help of social learning.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Podcast 12: Collaborative Medical Education at Vermont Oxford Network

Talented Learning

To learn more about this podcast series or to see the full collection of episodes visit The Talented Learning Show main page. EPISODE 12 – TOPIC SUMMARY AND GUESTS: Vermont Oxford Network (VON) is a nonprofit collective of multidisciplinary medical professionals, working together to improve the landscape of neonatal healthcare. How would you describe the mission of Vermont Oxford Network (VON)? JL: Brilliant… DZ: And that’s how the network was built.

Podcast 30: Learning From Customer Conferences – With Tristan Jordan and Tara Pawlak of Community Brands

Talented Learning

To learn more about this podcast series or to see the full collection of episodes visit The Talented Learning Show main page. EPISODE 30 – TOPIC SUMMARY AND GUESTS: Today I’m thrilled to welcome two executives from Community Brands – EVP and General Manager, Tristan Jordan , and Director of Marketing, Tara Pawlak. Community conferences are a powerful way to build a brand – strengthening relationships while you celebrate customer successes and explore common challenges.

JOHN HINCHLIFFE – CRYSTAL BALLING WITH LEARNNOVATORS

Learnnovators

He also is the founder of the Global Learning and Development Community (GLDC) , and has served on the Board of Directors for the eLearning Network. All these, we believe, were absolutely deserving recognitions for your incredible work in inspiring the learning community.

How to Build Engaged Online Learning Community [9 Effective Tips]

Instancy

The only thing one can do is to promote learning by encouraging learners to become a part of a learning community (which is a challenge in itself!). . In this write-up, we will show you what it takes to build an online learning community. Getting to the Depths of Learning Community.

8 Key Takeaways from SlashData’s Podcast: Developer Education & Enablement

Appsembler

On a recent SlashData podcast titled, “ Developer Education & Enablement ,” Appsembler’s CEO, Nate Aune, and Shannon Bradshaw, Education Partner at Unusual Ventures, recently discussed what venture capitalists (VCs) think of the developer education category and its market opportunity.

PODCAST 139: The Science of Becoming a Better Sales Leader with Luke Rogers

Sales Hacker

Subscribe to the Sales Hacker Podcast. Welcome to the Sales Hacker podcast. But what then came within the course of a year of raising that money, it was just massive interest from in particular, the banking and insurance community. Sales Management Podcast

Networked pedagogy

Learning with 'e's

New theories for the networked, digital age, emerging cultures of learning and a hyper-connected and networked society. Differentials between academic practices, and the variety of roles we adopt within communities of practice and learning. All of these topics and more were covered during a podcast interview I did for Michael Coghlan as a part of his series for TAFE on e-learning thought leaders.

Managed WordPress Hosting, Open Source Software Innovation and Community with Robert Jacobi From Cloudways

LifterLMS

Learn about managed WordPress hosting, open source software innovation and community with Robert Jacobi From Cloudways in this episode of the LMScast podcast hosted by Chris Badgett of LifterLMS. So that involves marketing, events, product, podcasts.

Creative Solutions with Twine Presentation

Experiencing eLearning

Patti is also the founder of the Online Network of Independent Learning Professionals. If you’re a freelancer or consultant (or you want to be), ONILP is a great community to support you and help you grow.

How to Grow Your Community and Niche Network through a Virtual Summit with Jan Koch from WP Agency Summit

LifterLMS

Learn how to grow your community and niche network through a virtual summit with Jan Koch from WP Agency Summit in this episode of the LMScast podcast hosted by Chris Badgett from LifterLMS. I’m joined by a special guest, another WordPress community member.

PODCAST 143: Getting in Touch: How to Talk to People Who Don't Know You with Kata Nyitrai

Sales Hacker

Subscribe to the Sales Hacker Podcast. The Sales Hacker Podcast is powered by Outreach, the sales engagement platform for the modern sales org. Welcome to The Sales Hacker Podcast. And it’s also the Sales Hacker podcast. Sales Development Podcast

PODCAST 130: Turning Junior-level Talent into Top Sales Professionals with Eddie Baez

Sales Hacker

Subscribe to the Sales Hacker Podcast. So if you’re black, indigenous or a person of color, if you’re BIPOC, we’ve got Revenue Collective of Color, a community specifically designed for you as part of the broader Revenue Collective. Welcome to the Sales Hacker podcast.

The Learning & Development Podcast: Lessons From The Line Into L&D with Paul Jocelyn

looop

The Learning & Development podcast is hosted by our Chief Learning Officer David James. Listen to episode 63 of the Learning & Development podcast here. David James: Welcome to The Learning & Development Podcast.

BetterWork Media Group launches Chief Learning Officer and Talent Management podcasts

CLO Magazine

CLO’s podcast, “ Voices of CLO ,” will feature experts from the learning and development space sharing their stories, successes and learnings, as well as top-of-mind ideas for the future of learning and work. Listen to the first podcast here.

CLO 58

The Learning & Development Podcast: Applying Digital Marketing To L&D at SwissRe with Satoshi Probala

looop

The Learning & Development podcast is hosted by our Chief Learning Officer David James. Listen to episode 60 of the Learning & Development podcast here. David James: Welcome to the Learning & Development Podcast. We build up some communities.

The Connected Educator: Building a Professional Learning Network

Allison Rossett

Her topic– personal learning networks, also known as PLNs. Educators today are pursuing professional development by building their very own Professional (or Personal) Learning Networks (PLNs). PLNs connect them with a global network of contacts and resources. There are two main types of tools for building a Professional Learning Network: information aggregation and social media connection. An Educator’s Professional Learning Network.

The Connected Educator: Building a Professional Learning Network

Allison Rossett

Her topic– personal learning networks, also known as PLNs. Educators today are pursuing professional development by building their very own Professional (or Personal) Learning Networks (PLNs). PLNs connect them with a global network of contacts and resources. There are two main types of tools for building a Professional Learning Network: information aggregation and social media connection. An Educator’s Professional Learning Network.

Exploring the WordPress LMS for Non Profits Niche and Community Building with Carol Stambaugh

LifterLMS

Learn about exploring the WordPress LMS for nonprofits niche and community building with Carol Stambaugh in this episode of the LMScast podcast hosted by Chris Badgett from LifterLMS. Well, let’s talk about the WordPress community a little bit. We build in networking time.

Podcast 23: Open Source LMS Advantages – With Lars Hyland of Totara

Talented Learning

To learn more about this podcast series or to see the full collection of episodes visit The Talented Learning Show main page. EPISODE 23 – TOPIC SUMMARY AND GUEST: Open source development methodologies are rapidly transforming every corner of the software community. With an open source LMS, you also gain access to a community of technical and business experts who are committed to advancing the platform. Our partner network acts like an ecosystem.

Helping Women Get Their Groove Back by Building Communities and Strong Support Networks from Rural Areas with Rebecca Undem

LifterLMS

Helping women get their groove back by building communities and strong support networks from rural areas with Rebecca Undem in this episode of the LMScast podcast with Chris Badgett of LifterLMS. Chris and Rebecca discuss many topics relevant to course creators, such as community building and how to overcome the isolation faced by many online entrepreneurs. Rebecca grew up in a small farming community in North Dakota with a population of 1,800 people.

Podcast Episode 4: Achieving Franchise Learning ROI – With Mark Anderson

Talented Learning

In January, we launched this podcast as a convenient way to hear directly from experts about how you can benefit more fully from modern learning solutions. Listen to the show with your favorite podcast channel. See the list on the sidebar of this post or on our podcast main page. When franchises educate their community effectively they see significant ROI. What does it take to deliver effective learning programs to a network of independent partners?

ROI 40

Everything Gets Easier When You Know Who Your Ideal Client Is with Agency Operator and Podcaster Jason Resnick

LifterLMS

Learn how everything gets easier when you know who your ideal client is with agency operator and podcaster Jason Resnick in this episode of the LMScast podcast hosted by Chris Badgett of LifterLMS. You can find his podcast over at Rezzz.com if you’re interested in checking that out.

Podcasting to Accelerate Sales for Course Creators with Craig Hewitt from Castos

LifterLMS

Learn how to use podcasting to accelerate sales for course creators with Craig Hewitt from Castos in this LMScast with Chris Badgett of LifterLMS. Starting a podcast is all about getting into the habit and building up a portfolio. I’m joined by a special guest, another podcaster.

RSS 58

Dr. Greg Gage – Backyard Brains – Neuroscience for Everyone!

Learningtogo

Listen to Podcast: [link]. project to create a community of amateur neuroscientists, his plan to teach a generation of kids to think like a scientist and the complexity of the brain in this fun and fascinating conversation. iTunes Podcasts backyard brains brain electricity Greg Gage neural network neuroscience science scientists TEDDr. Greg Gage is a neuroscientist, biomedical engineer, co-founder of Backyard Brains , and TED Fellow.

Brain 100

3 Resources to Build Your Personal Learning Network

TechSmith Camtasia

Personal Learning Networks are becoming a popular way to learn from other educators. But how do you get started in creating a personal learning network, or PLN? 3) Blogs, websites & podcasts: Many educators have created blogs to share their thoughts and experiences. We hope this helps you expand your learning network. Contact us anytime by email at education@techsmith.com , on Twitter at @TechSmithEDU , or share your ideas in our Google+ Community for educators.

How to Start and Grow a Podcast and Build an Online Course Empire with Joe Casabona

LifterLMS

Learn how to start and grow a podcast and build an online course empire with Joe Casabona in this episode of the LMScast podcast with Chris Badgett of LifterLMS. Chris refers to these as the five hats course creators wear: expert, instructional designer, community builder, technologist, and entrepreneur. Joe runs a podcast called How I Built It. Chris and Joe discuss concepts that apply to both podcasting and course creating in this episode. I have a network.

T+D Webcast - Social Networking and Learning

Tony Karrer

Tony's examples were brief, but interesting: Wikis Product updates/news Project management Podcasts Communications Sales / Field Force Collective Intelligence Predictive markets Social Networking New Hires Communities of Practice One of the questions we got was: How do you start as a Learning Professional? Tony O'Driscoll, Paula Ketter and I did a webcast for T+D - ASTD's publication today. Unfortunately, we ran into a few technical issues.

Free Podcast Featuring e-Learning Expert Elliott Masie Released

Trivantis

Community Forum. Community Forum. Free Podcast Featuring e-Learning Expert Elliott Masie Released. Lectora® e-Learning software releases a free podcast featuring renowned futurist, analyst and researcher in the e-Learning industry, Elliott Masie. The podcast includes Masie’s live streaming keynote presentation from the 2011 Lectora User Conference, allowing Lectora users to access this presentation straight from their computers. Community Forum. Forum.

Masie 40

ELC 062: Starting An Instructional Design Career in Higher Education

The eLearning Coach

Peter manages an excellent Facebook community called Instructional Designers in Education, which has close to 7000 members. Differences between working in community colleges versus universities. RATE: Rate this podcast in Apple Podcasts. SEND EBOOK NOW Podcasts

How to Launch a Successful Online Course MVP, Generate Multiple Income Streams, and Build a Team with Divi Community Leader David Blackmon of Aspen Grove Studios

LifterLMS

How to launch a successful online course MVP, generate multiple income streams, and build a team with Divi community leader David Blackmon of Aspen Grove Studios in this episode of LMScast with Chris Badgett of LifterLMS. David is a course creator and digital product entrepreneur who is a large part of several companies and projects including Aspen Grove Studios , WP the Podcast , Divi Space, and many more. James who is also another leader in the Divi community.

MOOCs in Workplace Learning - Part 3: Launching a MOOC

ID Reflections

This is a continuation of my MOOC series and also a post that draws a lot from the #MSLOC430 community and MOOC ("C" type) that I am participating in -- the open section of the graduate course in the Master''s Program in Learning and Organizational Change at Northwestern University. To make MOOCs successful, it is important for orgs to have: Community managers and facilitators -- I have written about this later in the post. I am looking for inputs from my network.

14 Professional Development Opportunities Outside Work

KnowledgeCity

Not only will you pick up important skills and learn best practices, you will have an opportunity to network and explore further career opportunities in your field. Volunteering is a great way to serve your community, while developing new skills, honing expertise and building your brand. Use Social Media to Create a Professional Development Network. Note what books, podcasts, blogs and other resources they share.

5 Sets of Tried-and-True Resources for Instructional Designers

Maestro

Podcasts. Podcasts are another great way to stay plugged into the ID scene. TLDCast : The Training, Learning, and Development Community is an active podcast with 450+ episodes. The eLearning Guys : This podcast is specific to Articulate Storyline.

e-Learning Acupuncture: Technology, Colleges and Community Online Conference

E-Learning Acupuncture

Thursday, December 20, 2007 Technology, Colleges and Community Online Conference I live in Canada and these days everywhere I look, I see snow. The Technology, Colleges and Community (TCC) Conference is hosted by Kapiolani Community College, in Honolulu, Hawaii. Online Resources for DE Resources for DE Rubrics Stephen Downes The Journal of Educators Online U Idaho - DE at a Glance Blog Archive ► 2010 (16) ► July (1) Online Social Networks Will Never Die!

e-Clippings (Learning As Art): Map of Online Communities (xkcd Rox!)

Mark Oehlert

e-Clippings (Learning As Art) Home Archives Subscribe About My Social Networks « "New JKO Portal to Offer Joint Online Training" (Defense Link News) | Main | The Digg Story and why it fascinates me. » May 02, 2007 Map of Online Communities (xkcd Rox!) Map of Online Communities from xkcd - which is a comic you should be reading - I am so busy right now on something but I saw this and just had to post!

Social Learning Has Its Place…And Informal Learning Does Too.

Dashe & Thomson

Although I usually agree with Jane and am humbled by her otherworldly stature within the learning community, I’m going to pick a bone here. Social learning refers to a class of learning, which includes wikis, blogs, screen sharing, podcasting, photo sharing, social bookmarking, collaborative working, social networking, etc. Informal learning includes certain social learning tools like wikis, communities of practice, expert directories, etc.,

Instructional Design is Not Dead!

Learning Rebels

They are taking SME experts, recording them and creating organizational podcasts or “radio stations” They are gathering informed end-users and helping them create user-generated content that can then be curated, reviewed, organized and made accessible to the masses. The smart, curious and ever evolving instructional designer understands this is the path to travel and they are active in online communities to learn more and do better.

e-Clippings (Learning As Art): "Object-Centered Sociality" or What is Really at the Heart of Social Networks

Mark Oehlert

e-Clippings (Learning As Art) Home Archives Subscribe About My Social Networks « "A Technology Flip Test: Introducing Channels in a World of Platforms" (Andrew McAfee) | Main | The Pentagon Channel - Embracing Video Big Time » September 01, 2007 "Object-Centered Sociality" or What is Really at the Heart of Social Networks I couldve sworn I had posted about this before but I cant find it.but talk about old.the spur for this post is from 2005!