How to Grow Your Community and Niche Network through a Virtual Summit with Jan Koch from WP Agency Summit

LifterLMS

Learn how to grow your community and niche network through a virtual summit with Jan Koch from WP Agency Summit in this episode of the LMScast podcast hosted by Chris Badgett from LifterLMS. I’m joined by a special guest, another WordPress community member.

Managed WordPress Hosting, Open Source Software Innovation and Community with Robert Jacobi From Cloudways

LifterLMS

Learn about managed WordPress hosting, open source software innovation and community with Robert Jacobi From Cloudways in this episode of the LMScast podcast hosted by Chris Badgett of LifterLMS. Chris Badgett: That was my next question was really around community.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Communities and connections

Learning with 'e's

I told my audience at the outset that I would not attempt to educate them, because they are far too sophisticated and knowledgeable community of experts and professionals. Before this, I presented some of my thinking around new theories and emerging pedagogies that leverage to power and potential of networked technologies, and spoke about the personal devices students use and how they might be incorporated into every day teaching and learning. Photo by Airina Volungevi?ien?

Exploring the WordPress LMS for Non Profits Niche and Community Building with Carol Stambaugh

LifterLMS

Learn about exploring the WordPress LMS for nonprofits niche and community building with Carol Stambaugh in this episode of the LMScast podcast hosted by Chris Badgett from LifterLMS. Well, let’s talk about the WordPress community a little bit. This is how our community works.”

Developing a Results Driven Curriculum

XYZ Fire Association is a network of. Through their network, they identified a. to give back to the community. need to create multiple versions of. Developing a. Results-Driven. Curriculum. 3C O N T E N T S Contents Introduction PA G E 4 Five Steps to a. Results-Driven.

Extending your learning network: What you need to know

Rustici Software

With many conferences getting moved online or postponed, we were happy to join this series to help share knowledge and insights with the greater eLearning community. Now for the “too long; didn’t watch” version. Extended learning network—what is that?

What’s new in TopClass LMS version 10?

WBT Systems

The new version of TopClass LMS (Learning Management System) is here and we are excited to share with you the great new features that make participation more rewarding for professional learners and simplify the delivery of learning for administrators. When we were designing the new functionality for TopClass LMS version 10, we contacted our Association clients and asked them to give us their insights on digital badges – a growing trend in association learning technology.

Facts about neuroscience that you need to know… [Text Only Version]

CDSM

Our Networks function allows learners to become part of a ‘knowledge community’ – a place where they can share, reflect and discuss their new understanding of a subject with their peers. The post Facts about neuroscience that you need to know… [Text Only Version] appeared first on CDSM Team Blog. [ View Infographic ]. Our brains build our learning, learning builds our brains.” – CIPD. Human attention span – 8.25 seconds. Goldfish attention span – 9 seconds.

#Blimage Challenge! Game On!

Learning Rebels

Which is what we are all here to do…help people grow and be the best versions of themselves. Bonus: In the comment section below share how do you see a challenges like this helping the L&D community. Motivation Personal Learning Network Social Learning @timbuckteeth #blimage Amy Burvall Challenge Larry Straining Mouse Trap Simon Ensor Steve Wheeler

Games 162

Knowledge Acquisition? Skill Develop? Go COP

eLearning 24-7

I bring all of this up, because in the L&D and Training communities too many people follow a routine when it comes to learning and training. COPs – Communities of Practice. What replaced them was a different take in other words it was about having a community within itself.

The LMS and SNS – A Fine Balance

Upside Learning

Users can build an elaborate social network by adding individuals in the enterprise they interact with regularly as friends. This network built over time stretches beyond the departmental or working unit boundaries; eventually resulting in knowledge sharing across multiple channels in the enterprise. Extensive support for internal micro-blogging to quickly connect users with their network of friends and followers through a series of short status messages about work and life.

LMS 168

LearnTrends: Extending Learning to the Edges of Organizations

Experiencing eLearning

LiveLabs: not simulations, using the actual network tools & hardware. Public version from Sun: https://slx.sun.com/ , site about the product here: SLX. Support communities of practice around domains. Institute of Technology: Information shared with a heavily modified version of Sharepoint. Community ratings help judge what’s valuable–self regulating. Posted in e-Learning, Learning Communities, LMS, Workplace Learning.

Instructional Design is Not Dead!

Learning Rebels

The smart, curious and ever evolving instructional designer understands this is the path to travel and they are active in online communities to learn more and do better. To help people do their jobs and to be the best versions of themselves. This means joining a community (try your local ATD chapter ), join an online community (It doesn’t get any better than the Articulate community , even if you’re not an articulate user.)

Adobe Captivate (2017 Release) : Smart, Fast & Incredibly Flexible

Adobe Captivate

Combined with object states you could create perpetual motion cycling through a set of different states, or you could use it to check for a change in a variable, even monitor a network status. If you are not yet a subscriber, consider subscribing to the service – at @$29.99/mo US, its a great way to get the updates – even a full version update like this one at no additional expense.

Your social wishlist

Jay Cross

How will you take advantage of your in-house social network? Use networks to create services and share collective intelligence. Your company will install an in-house social network. Wise Chief Learning Officers are thinking about how social networks will augment learning & development. Front-running companies are installing social networks like Chatter, Jive, Connections, Socialcast, Yammer, Socialtext, Sharepoint, Ideo, and HootSuite like there’s no tomorrow.

Project Aha!

Jay Cross

They contain studies of learning from the frameworks of design, teaching, networks, tech, brain science, and positive psychology. Rarely have they shared this wisdom with the greater enterprise community. I want this person to leverage networks, learn with the work team, and have a personal strategy for acquiring, interpreting, acting on, and storing knowledge. I plan to hammer out version 1.0 I’ve opened a community on Google+ for articles and discussion.

7 reasons why the new Articulate Storyline is a Game-Changer for eLearning

mLearning Revolution

No wonder they have thousands of superfans, who rave about their products and who recommend them to their peers via Social Media Networks. So here it goes, these are the things that have impressed me about Storyline, some are features but I also consider the intangibles, such as Articulate’s community, to be important factors too, which is why I put the Articulate Community at the top of the list. The Articulate Community.

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: Half of Companies Blocking Facebook

Learning Visions

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 Half of Companies Blocking Facebook Christy Tucker has been musing on Social Networking as LMS: Problems and Opportunities. One real problem is corporate fear of social networking tools. think all of us are beginning to discover the networking power of Facebook. Cammy Beans Learning Visions Musings on eLearning, instructional design and other training stuff.

Facebook for e-Learning

eFront

News from the e-learning frontier Pages Home About Community Free e-Learning Resources Contribute to the e-Learning Community 11/07/2010 Facebook for e-Learning Facebook objective is " to help you connect and share with the people in your life ". At the same time, Facebook is one of the fastest growing social networks that helps people communicate efficiently with their friends, families, coworkers, and classmates. to version 3.6.6

How to Replace Top-Down Training with Collaborative Learning (3)

Jay Cross

The great news is that social and informal learning don’t require new systems because learning can take place on the same “platform” as the existing social network, if a company already has one. Social networks are the ideal platform for the new corporate learning, so let’s briefly examine how they support corporate learning. Salesforce.com’s social network application was inspired by Facebook. Learning Networks. A community may be a group of professionals (e.g.

e-Learning Glossaries

eFront

News from the e-learning frontier Pages Home About Community Free e-Learning Resources Contribute to the e-Learning Community 12/05/2010 e-Learning Glossaries Think about e-Learning. e-Learning applications and processes are constantly changing and evolving, and the e-Learning community has members all over the world. E-Learning Essentials Common e-learning terms used in online education including accreditation, virtual classroom, community, university, college, etc.

Online Educa

Jay Cross

Participants at Educa are enthusiastic: You can watch a longer version of the party video here. Working Smarter with Learning Networks. Community Informal Learning WorkscapingWhen did you last see this enthusiastic a group of learning professionals? Six of the Business Educa track sessions in Berlin were streamed and recorded: The Opening Conversation. Social Media & Mobile Learning. Learning from Experience. Games: Should you be doing this at work?

Skype 46

195 posts about MOOCs

Jay Cross

2b2k] MOOCs as networks. version française ) In recent years I have been working on two major concepts:first, the connectivist theory of online learning, which views learning as anetwork process; and second, the massive open online course, or MOOC , which isan instantiation of that process. Adapting to a networked world HAROLD JARCHE | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2011. K-12 MOOCs and Communities. Peeragogy: Self Organized Peer Learning in Networks. Page 1 of 2.

OER 73

Friday Finds: The Best of Learning, Design & Technology | July 10, 2020

Mike Taylor

I’ve participated every year and will be publishing this year’s version of my Top 10 tools soon. In her recent Training Zone article, Sheridan Webb tells us that if L&D has learned anything from the recent challenges of lock-down, it is the value of community.

How to Automatically Back-up Your Course Files

Rapid eLearning

As a general rule, it’s good practice to edit files on your local drive and not a network drive (or online storage like Google Drive or Dropbox). However, I like to move files from the network drive to my local drive to do production work and make the edits.

Virtual clans

Learning with 'e's

The latter have made the conceptual leap of seeing the mobile phone as a multi-functional communication tool, and as we have already seen, have developed their own reduced or slang version of common language. Another example is the social networking tribe which boasts many clans, such as the WhatsApp clan, the Instagram clan, the YouTube clan and so on. Digital tribes and the network nation 3.

5 Creative Ways to Market Your eLearning on a Budget

Association eLearning

Instead of spending thousands of dollars on expensive web banners and ads in industry newsletters, spend an hour each day sharing the word about your new eLearning offering on social networks. Hashtags are now available on Vine and Facebook too, so be sure to utilize your hashtags across social networks to maximize exposure. Simple, create an alternate version of your course that includes just a quick taste of your content.

Market 138

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: Lance Dublin: Formalizing Informal Learning

Learning Visions

Presented by Training Magazine Network Diagram of the learning process: Input: you can get input in lots of ways Organize Apply Evaluate (in a wheel – each of these is a subprocess) Looking first at learning. Marcia Connor’s four-square chart from 2004 (pre web 2.0): Formal (classes, elearning, meetings)/Informal (community, teaming, playing) Intentional (reading, coaching, mentoring)/Unexpected (self-study, exploring, internet surfing) The choice is not informal vs. formal.

A new framework for supporting learning and performance in the social workplace

Jane Hart

Here is an updated version (V3) of the WSD Framework with more charts and descriptions, and now available as a PDF to download under a Creative Commons Licence. Click image for full-size version. They will also become more embedded in the workflow, e.g. learning communities will often be seen as an extension of a group’s existing online activities. Click image for full-size version. Click image for full-size version. Click image for full-size version.

Worried About Course Security? Start With Your Website.

LearnDash

Make sure your web host is following secure practices, such as keeping their software, hardware, and PHP version up to date. They should also monitor their networks for suspicious activity, and have a recovery plan in place in case of a disaster or a security breach.

Lesson I: Making your own Custom Articulate Player | LearnNuggets

NuggetHead

Some refer to it as the Articulate Presenter Community Player while others refer to it as a Skin. Hence, the main tool for building a Custom Community Player is Flash. The ActionScript for the player is written in version 2.0 so any version of Flash back to MX 2004 (v.8) I just recently upgraded to Flash CS4, but I built this player initially in Flash 8 which is several versions back. if not already), the version of the Flash player (output), and the frame rate.

Best Membership Plugins for WordPress for 2021

LearnDash

However, these are plugins that have been used by our community for years, and have a proven record for success. Don’t let the name fool you: Paid Membership Pro offers a free version of its plugin that can get the budget-conscious instructor a long way.

Open Source LMSs Facts and Insight

eLearning 24-7

Edmodo – Limited free, the “Enterprise” version is fee-based, and BTW, I’ve never seen EdTech use the words “Enterprise” before, which is a corporate term. . New version of Totara Learn, Engage and the talent development whatever thing, fee-based. .

Is Twitter the Semantic Web?

Learning with e's

His post was entitled ' Twitter drives traffic to blogs and social networks ', and in it he claims that Twitter is the semantic web. What we do understand however, is that 'intelligent agents' in software will enable computers to filter out what we don't want and push to us what we do want, based on our previous use of search engines, network transactions, etc. It is only a small step from here to automated versions. Tags: social network AJ Cann semantic web Twitter

How to Easily Create Powerful Customer Education

Spark Your Interest

Including creating expert communities. In many cases, you may have several versions available for the different knowledge levels of your customers. As well live webinars can also help you develop a sense of community among users. Customer Education In An Online Community.

Easy Solar joins the EduMe family

Edume

Related: Why every modern company needs to invest in Workforce Success About Easy Solar Easy Solar is a company with a mission to empower communities in West Africa with access to clean, affordable energy.

Micro-Elements (Things) in Social Learning - From the ASTD International Conference

Vignettes Learning

Top management directed me to see how we can launch Social Networking and Learning to 45,000 of our employees."These Please download the PDF version of the PowerPoint. I love the idea of a "community of practice" – but that's not always the place to start. and Social Networking tools. Set & track benchmarks – On page 38, try to establish some benchmarks to measure and gauge network value. Manage Micro-Networks and Micro-Results.

ASTD 40

My all-time favorite learning event

Jay Cross

Community. In a way, it’s like an annual online-community family reunion, except all you need to do to join the family is show up. The e-version’s only $15. Networking. Tags: Community Design Every year for the last six, I have flown to Seattle to attend Gnomedex , far and away my favorite and most powerful learning event.

The Web from 1.0 to 4.0

KnowledgeOne

Although experts do not all agree on the distinction between these different phases of the Web, here are the most common versions, which, without being exhaustive, should help you better understand the evolution of this tool that is now an integral part of our lives.

Web 74

Articulate Storyline – 9 Practical Ways To Make A Great Course Within Your Budget

Spark Your Interest

Very active online community. Take Advantage Of The Articulate Storyline Community And Field Of Experts. One of the benefits of Articulate Storyline and Articulate authoring tools is the extensive community of available experts. Network effect.