article thumbnail

Knowledge, practice and community

Learning with e's

In this post, I extend this idea into the work Lave did with Etienne Wenger, which has become known as Communities of Practice. The work of Lave and Wenger advances this concept, turning its focus to the people who make up the learning communities we are all a part of. Jung Archetypes and Synchronicity 19. Knowles Andragogy 24.

article thumbnail

Engaging online learners 5

Learning with e's

Photo from Pixabay This series is about how teachers can improve engagement for online learners (see links below for previous posts in the series). And yet asynchronous modes of online learning can be as equally powerful as synchronous methods. Here are seven ways you can increase engagement in asynchronous online learning: 1.

Learner 88
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 Tips to Make Your Website Accessible to Everyone

Hurix Digital

This promotes the development of an online community where all members have access to the same resources and information. Use Alt Text for Images Making your website accessible to all users requires using alt text for photos. Both captions and transcripts should be accurate, complete, and synchronized with the media.

Website 52
article thumbnail

From novice to expert

Learning with e's

Lave sees the social context of this kind of situated learning as vitally important, because novice learners can be closely supported by experts, and their behaviour and knowledge can be scaffolded by more experienced members of their learning community. The role of stronger, or more knowledgeable learners within a learning community (e.g.

article thumbnail

Curated Insights: Curation on Curation

Axonify

As the author quotes, “Curation comes up when people realize that it isn’t just about information seeking, it’s also about synchronizing a community.” I followed the #ATD2017 hashtag throughout the event and “flipped” photos, insights and resources I thought were particularly interesting into a new online magazine.

Masie 100
article thumbnail

Curated Insights: Curation on Curation

Axonify

As the author quotes, “Curation comes up when people realize that it isn’t just about information seeking, it’s also about synchronizing a community.” I followed the #ATD2017 hashtag throughout the event and “flipped” photos, insights and resources I thought were particularly interesting into a new online magazine.

Masie 100
article thumbnail

Top 10 Virtual Learning Environments

Ed App

LearnWorlds is an online learning platform that allows you to create an engaging learning experience for your employees through a course player, templates, ebooks, and a social community. Built-in social community. It supports multimodal learning, giving learners the option to use real-time audio, video, or textual communication.