Community Engagement, COVID-19 and Big hART – the promises we must keep

Kadenze

Since 1992 Big hART has worked across Australia with communities experiencing diverse forms of disadvantage – rural young people disengaged from education, young people and family violence, young offenders and remote Indigenous communities, and more.

How to Level Up Your Marketing, Web Design, and Photography with Consultant and Business Coach Jean Perpillant

LifterLMS

Learn how to level up your marketing, web design, and photography with consultant and business coach Jean Perpillant in this LMScast hosted by Chris Badgett of LifterLMS. The problem is is that I do enjoy photography as a hobby, and so I still have that as a service.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Managed WordPress Hosting, Open Source Software Innovation and Community with Robert Jacobi From Cloudways

LifterLMS

Learn about managed WordPress hosting, open source software innovation and community with Robert Jacobi From Cloudways in this episode of the LMScast podcast hosted by Chris Badgett of LifterLMS. Chris Badgett: That was my next question was really around community.

Online Course Ideas That Inspires You to Create and Teach

Pinlearn

Let’s say, for example, a user is searching for the keyword “photography” which is a top-level keyword that is extremely competitive. Online course Trend 2- Community based curriculum. A sense of community is extremely significant to new learners in an online classroom environment.

Ideas 75

How to Build a Beautifully Designed Training Based Membership Website with WordPress with Melissa Love from the Marketing Fix

LifterLMS

I’m on this photography course, it’s a really prestigious training academy. Chris Badgett: Photography. Melissa Love: … started to get asked to talk at photography conferences. And, I’ve always kept in touch with them as a community.

Cristian Raiber’s Story Transitioning a WordPress Agency to a Theme Business and Later to a Multi Plugin Business

LifterLMS

But focusing on niche plugin development to solve problems brought up in the community has been a way for them to stay afloat in the space and grow their business. And the cool thing about that is the WordPress community is really special.

The 10 most innovative eLearning platforms

Ed App

Whether it’s sports, brand management or photography, Thinkific offers easy and powerful tools to create comprehensive online courses. Unfortunately, there’s no free version here.

Insights from a presentation designer: Q&A with Julie Terberg

BrightCarbon

Even though this beast had fewer features than the first version of Photoshop, clients were thrilled with the concepts that we helped them design and take away on paper. There are a few original copies remaining and we are working on an updated version. Photography can also be inspiring. I follow a few designers on Instagram that have nothing to do with the presentation community but the little things that they create make me smile.

How You Can Build WordPress LMS Websites as a Service with WaaS Entrepreneur Michael Short

LifterLMS

Chris Badgett: A WaaS is like having your own version of that but on WordPress, it’s kind of like you get to have your cake and eat it too. If you’re thinking about building a WaaS because the opportunity is quite large, your customer is not necessarily the WordPress community.

Resistance is futile

Learning with 'e's

Digital technology has advanced photography into areas that were previously considered impossible. Take a look at the #blimage and #blideo challenges and you'll see that many teachers are willing to express themselves and their ideas in new ways, and to develop a dialogue within their communities on the basis of a personal invitation. You don't have to wait for the publishing house to decide to release an updated version.

Using LifterLMS to Empower 1 Million Teachers in Africa with WordPress Titan Malcolm Peralty

LifterLMS

Chris Badgett: And Darren Rowse, also, correct me if I’m wrong, but he did a lot in the photography niche, right? I mean, I was updating, before WordPress had built in updating for core versions or releases, you had to manually update WordPress.

Free Stock Photos Sites for e-Learning

eFront

News from the e-learning frontier Pages Home About Community Free e-Learning Resources Contribute to the e-Learning Community 10/24/2010 Free Stock Photos Sites for e-Learning As an e-Learning developer I had to invest a lot of time to find images for my e-Learning projects. You should be sure that the e-Learning community will very much appreciate if you write a comment with links to FREE stock photo sites. to version 3.6.6

Photo 87

Top 100 Tools for Learning in 2014

OpenSesame

Inspiration Grid - Creative showcase of design, art, photography and more, updated daily. Pinterest is the grown-up version, with recipes and crafts virtually-pinned along side the movie stars. Nextdoor - Find a babysitter or organized a neighborhood watch group with this private social network for small communities. We are big fans of online tools here at OpenSesame.

Tools 87

How to Do Video Marketing on Social Media for Course Creators with Jason Hsiao from Animoto

LifterLMS

You have to be a teacher, you have to be a technologist, you have to be a community builder, and you have to be an entrepreneur. Jason Hsiao: Well, first of all, this whole community already has a huge unfair advantage, because you already are producing great content that you know resonates with your audience. Really, it’s about how can we leverage what we have and find new people so we grow our community, grow our audience, and get people to find out about us?

Cut the Clip Art Clutter

Mindflash

We’ve all seen (or designed) training that looked like the clip art version of a ransom note. Much like stock photography, the trick to using clip art well is to keep it styled in a way that reinforces your message. Share your tips with the community by clicking on the comments link. What is the training slide below telling you?

Big Niches and Creating an Ecosystem Around Your Tribe with Avery White of Third Person Creative

LifterLMS

Avery shares some great examples of telling stories through media formats like photography. How and why do you approach the greater creative artistic community as a whole as opposed to a niche within it? Photography has a mood. Why did you decide to build for creatives or the artistic community a technology course? Usually when people ask me questions, I say, “Okay, do you want the two-minute version?” I’m not awesome at photography.

How to Grow Your Email List with an Email Challenge and SEO Course Case Study with Brendan Hufford

LifterLMS

Later on down the line a friend asked if Brendan could help with SEO on his photography website. One great way to build up an audience and figure out if what you’re teaching is valuable is to do a free webinar or live video for someone’s community without pitching an upsell or collecting emails. All these people who have, I’m an online community geek, guilty as charged. How has online community engagement affected your life and your business?

Angela Brown’s Recurring Revenue Niche Membership Site Journey and Success Story

LifterLMS

So I had to go to the local community college and take business and management, and how to work with employees, and how to hire people, and all those things.

Site 113

85+ Top Tools & Resources for Course Creators

learnWorlds

It is important to note that the free version of this tool allows up to 1 minute and 30 seconds of movie creation. In its basic version, the tool is completely free for 7 days, and full access to it is granted with a small annual fee. The basic version of Pixton is free, but there is an extra charge for the use of additional premium features. You can join a community of online instructors and learn how to manage your own course business, create content and sell more courses.

From Martial Arts Business Owner to Health Course Creator to Online Entrepreneur Membership Site Creator With Kevin Geary of Digital Ambition

LifterLMS

Kevin Geary: Yeah, I bring them into a membership community environment. You have the premium training library, but you also have checklists, cheat sheets and more, a helpful community, weekly hot seat calls, and the Hive, which is like your own news portal. The community feed.

Top 100 Tools for Learning in 2014

OpenSesame

Inspiration Grid – Creative showcase of design, art, photography and more, updated daily. Pinterest is the grown-up version, with recipes and crafts virtually-pinned along side the movie stars. We are big fans of online tools here at OpenSesame.

Tools 52

Teacher Appreciation Week – A Conversation with Chris Badgett on the World of Online and Offline Education Honoring Teachers

LifterLMS

I consider myself a reluctant teacher in that I never set out to be a teacher, I never set out to become an entrepreneur, I never set out to become an expert, I never set out to become somebody who builds community or email lists and all these types of things, but I realize I woke up one day and just kind of realized, “You know what?

The Power of Preselling and Freemium with John Turner of SeedProd, a Coming Soon Page and Maintenance Mode Plugin for WordPress

LifterLMS

His plugin started to gain traction and was getting lots of feature requests, so John created a pro version. I started building those, and I would release the pro version of that plugin. Freemium being you have a free product with an upsell to a paid version. John Turner: We wanted to connect with other people in our community and our space that were kind of doing the same things that we’re doing. I’ve used your free version.

The ULTIMATE Guide to PowerPoint Alternatives

BrightCarbon

There’s a bunch of grid layouts for adding photography, but you can’t overlay a grid on the slide. However, as it’s specifically aimed at the corporate community, whereas many PowerPoint alternatives are set up for individual users, we thought it should be included.