article thumbnail

Addressing On-Demand Learning and Performance Needs #LCBQ | Social.

Dashe & Thomson

The questions prompt quite a lively and interesting discussion among online community members. In more recent years, websites, wikis and blogs have entered the picture, creating social learning platforms that learners can modify themselves. In a recent post What Makes a Successful Community Manager?

article thumbnail

Embracing Innovation in Learning | Social Learning Blog

Dashe & Thomson

We are moving, albeit in fits and starts, from traditional learning environments, where curriculum are essentially assigned to learners, to more collaborative and innovative environments where learners can self-direct their learning and participate in communities of passion. Of course, when I saw this question, I had to try to answer it.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Apple missing the small picture

Clark Quinn

Tags: mobile strategy technology. Quite simply, a cross-platform interactivity solution really doesn’t undermine the Apple experience (look at the Mac environment), as it’s likely to be a small market.

Apple 160
article thumbnail

Wiki as repository for a virtual community

Joitske Hulsebosch eLearning

Through a comment on a blogpost by Nancy White I found this article about a virtual community using a discussion list (listserv) in combination with a wiki. I've been advising a community where using an online discussion forum where few people had experience with a wiki. But it does provide a clear picture of what's possible!

Wiki 90
article thumbnail

Who are Instructional Designers? The existential dilemma.

ID Reflections

Soft skills: Good communication & written skills. Quote from Harold Jarche : Skills for learning professionals “Today, active involvement in informal learning, particularly through web-based communities, is key to remaining professional and creative in a field. You should have experience in designing curriculum based products.

article thumbnail

LearnTrends: Personal Knowledge Management

Experiencing eLearning

When you bookmark on delicious, you can also see how others have tagged it. He takes pictures, is starting to do slides, may do YouTube in the future. Posted in Learning Communities, Lifelong Learning, PLE, Workplace Learning. Make the data searchable and shareable with others. Over time, your practices change.

article thumbnail

AEM For E-Commerce: The Future Of Online Retail

Hurix Digital

It also enables them to manage dynamic digital assets and community portals and generate personalized content that resonates with customers. Besides this, this asset management tool can help you do the following: Add tags: DAM allows you to add tags with random taps to your products.

Online 52