article thumbnail

Docebo: The hottest learning tech company in years

Docebo

Vendors like Degreed, BetterUp, EdCast, and LinkedIn command billion-dollar valuations driven by this growth. Vendors like Saba (the pioneer), Plateau (fast follower), SumTotal (conglomerate), and hundreds of others have been acquired. And this, of course, lets new vendors reinvent the space. Enter Docebo.

Docebo 147
article thumbnail

Acquistions – Someone had an idea

eLearning 24-7

Someone came up with the idea of an LCMS (RIP) Community of Practice (yuck, first it went the way of the dodo bird, then has made a comeback – just like the dodo bird – which is being re-created genetically). Adobe was the first vendor to use templates to create courses. I never tested it, but they noted it. Not Articulate.

Ideas 84
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Product Review: Plateau TMS (Talent Management System)

eLearning 24-7

I’ll be the first to admit, that I was not a big fan of the previous versions of the Plateau system. After viewing the Plateau TMS, my concerns in one area have been eliminated, in others, not so much. Plateau LMS is a Talent Management System, made up of four modules. Plateau Learning. Plateau Performance.

Plateau 64
article thumbnail

What I like

eLearning 24-7

I thought first around something like the Truth they don’t want you to know, then realized that some vendors would push back and say that isn’t true, which gets back to the original statement. There are going to be salespeople who do not even work for the vendor. Are there exceptions absolutely.

vendor 57
article thumbnail

WORSTs E-Learning 2017 Awards

eLearning 24-7

One competitor purchased a VLP as a key component, SAP purchased SuccessFactors, a recruiting system initially turned HCM, who had acquired Plateau, a strong but awful UI/UX LMS. SuccessFactors constantly stated they would invest heavily into Plateau and initially, vast improvement was to be found. Yes, a two-time nominee.

Oracle 0
article thumbnail

LMSs, TMs and HCMs

eLearning 24-7

Oracle then followed suit by acquiring SuccessFactors who had acquired Plateau in the past. I’m sure the people who had purchased Plateau or even SuccessFactors Learning system were delighted to hear the news. To me, this is how vendors skirt the issue. . Are we seeing a trend here? If I was them, I know I would.

LMS 73
article thumbnail

The E-Learning Slug Awards

eLearning 24-7

Now, first and foremost not every vendor is a slug NOR is every vendor in the slug list or slug category. . Secondly, because Vendor A has Awesome 10 features, but not the 11th or 12th feature, does that make them a slug NOR if someone has only two AWESOME features. And people creating courses out of the workplace?

vendor 40