article thumbnail

LearnTrends: Personal Knowledge Management

Experiencing eLearning

When you bookmark on delicious, you can also see how others have tagged it. Difference between PKM/PLE/PLN: PKM is more work-focused. Posted in Learning Communities, Lifelong Learning, PLE, Workplace Learning. Make the data searchable and shareable with others. Over time, your practices change.

article thumbnail

TCC09 Keynote: Global Collaboration in the Web 2.0 World

Experiencing eLearning

Posted in Learning Communities, PLE, Read/Write Web. Tags: Learning Communities PLE Read/Write Web Flat Classroom Sue Waters TCC09. Many projects use multiple tools–use a combination. Image: ‘ Atlas, it’s time for your bath ‘ [link].

Web 170
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Open Learning Network vs Informal Learning Environment

E-Learning Provocateur

I was immediately interested because, like me, Mott is striving to bridge the gap between the organisation’s LMS and the learner’s PLE. He articulates his position as such: “…a one-or-the-other choice between the two is a false choice between knowledge-dissemination technologies and community-building tools.

article thumbnail

The ILE and the FLE in harmony

E-Learning Provocateur

Since then, Steve Wheeler’s thought-provoking article Anatomy of a PLE has prompted me to extend my argument a little further. Both the ILE and the FLE can be hosted on the same platform, but I think the front end of each needs to be demarcated in order to psychologically separate the “learning&# from its administration.

VLE 146
article thumbnail

Personal Learning Resources

Learning with e's

But as I have tried to articulate in earlier blogposts , my PLE is more than people and tools. They are a sample of the text books I have chosen to study because they are the ones that inform me the best within my own community of interest. Tags: Information Society Personal Learning Resources PLE digital media Web 2.0

article thumbnail

Everyone has one

Learning with e's

Personal learning environments or PLEs, are the collection of tools (not just online) that enable us to connect, create and share content with our own communities of interest and practice. We all use tools to help us learn. And what you choose to use personalises your learning, making it uniquely yours.

PLE 82
article thumbnail

Content creation

Learning with e's

Content creation is an important feature in many personal learning environment (PLE) models, and together with organising and sharing, makes up the cardinal triumvirate of skills that provides learners with a clear advantage. Without organisation and tagging (the use of key descriptive words) such content is not searchable.

Content 79