Go Beyond Boring: Creating Scenario-based Learning That Engages Participants (Podcast)

Experiencing eLearning

Since the TLDC community has several D&D players, this version of the presentation has some references and examples related to D&D. If the podcast isn’t embedded above, check it out on the TLDCast website , in Spotify , or look for episode 329 in your favorite podcast app. The post Go Beyond Boring: Creating Scenario-based Learning That Engages Participants (Podcast) appeared first on Experiencing eLearning.

Everything Gets Easier When You Know Who Your Ideal Client Is with Agency Operator and Podcaster Jason Resnick

LifterLMS

Learn how everything gets easier when you know who your ideal client is with agency operator and podcaster Jason Resnick in this episode of the LMScast podcast hosted by Chris Badgett of LifterLMS. You can find his podcast over at Rezzz.com if you’re interested in checking that out.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Podcast: Selecting Association Software – With Chad Stewart of SmartThoughts

Talented Learning

To learn more about this podcast series or to see the full collection of episodes visit The Talented Learning Show main page. It’s really an ecosystem that can include a website, marketing automation , event management, ecommerce , membership dues management, financial accounting and online community functionality. Usually, the top of the list includes email marketing, mobile apps, job board, advertising, LMS and community management platforms.

Podcasting to Accelerate Sales for Course Creators with Craig Hewitt from Castos

LifterLMS

Learn how to use podcasting to accelerate sales for course creators with Craig Hewitt from Castos in this LMScast with Chris Badgett of LifterLMS. Castos is a podcast hosting platform that allows you to host your audio files and create your RSS feed, and that is what can be sent out to platforms like iTunes. When Chris talks to people who are interested in LifterLMS, he often hears that they discovered LifterLMS from a YouTube video or from a podcast episode.

Podcasting for E-Learning: Digital Audio Basics

The E-Learning Curve

Really exceptional podcasts transmit a sense of "being there." Well-designed, planned, narrated and produced audio content has the facility to engage the audience and transport the listener, providing the right cognitive environment for learning or entertainment or whatever goal the podcast seeks to achieve. And the sense of joining, instantly, with a vast community of listeners. References : Nowlan, D.

Audio 48

How to Start and Grow a Podcast and Build an Online Course Empire with Joe Casabona

LifterLMS

Learn how to start and grow a podcast and build an online course empire with Joe Casabona in this episode of the LMScast podcast with Chris Badgett of LifterLMS. Chris refers to these as the five hats course creators wear: expert, instructional designer, community builder, technologist, and entrepreneur. Joe runs a podcast called How I Built It. Chris and Joe discuss concepts that apply to both podcasting and course creating in this episode.

Why is podcasting so successful if 93 percent of communication is nonverbal?

The E-Learning Curve

This post on podcasting for e-learning professionals will consider some aspects of narrative, and debunk an urban myth. The term pace has already entered this series of E-Learning Curve Blog articles about creating podcasts. When a podcast has a lack of pace, it is often down to another, subtler fault: a lack of organization in the underlying form of a podcast's content. Click here to listen to the podcast. References : Burgoon, J.

Context + Control + Community = Learning

Breakthrough eLearning

On top of this, all learners are linked via an interactive online community and can share experiences, ask questions, and learn from each other as well as the experts at ChinesePod. I can report that I have progressed in my Chinese more in the past two weeks this way, than I did in many previous efforts that involved taking a course at a local community college and supplementing this with language programs on CD.

How to Launch a Successful Online Course MVP, Generate Multiple Income Streams, and Build a Team with Divi Community Leader David Blackmon of Aspen Grove Studios

LifterLMS

How to launch a successful online course MVP, generate multiple income streams, and build a team with Divi community leader David Blackmon of Aspen Grove Studios in this episode of LMScast with Chris Badgett of LifterLMS. David is a course creator and digital product entrepreneur who is a large part of several companies and projects including Aspen Grove Studios , WP the Podcast , Divi Space, and many more. James who is also another leader in the Divi community.

Social Learning Has Its Place…And Informal Learning Does Too.

Dashe & Thomson

Jane claims that “Social Learning has come to refer exclusively to the use of social media in top-down, formal learning.” Although I usually agree with Jane and am humbled by her otherworldly stature within the learning community, I’m going to pick a bone here. Social learning refers to a class of learning, which includes wikis, blogs, screen sharing, podcasting, photo sharing, social bookmarking, collaborative working, social networking, etc.

e-Clippings (Learning As Art): Map of Online Communities (xkcd Rox!)

Mark Oehlert

» May 02, 2007 Map of Online Communities (xkcd Rox!) Map of Online Communities from xkcd - which is a comic you should be reading - I am so busy right now on something but I saw this and just had to post! May 02, 2007 in Insanely Cool Content | Permalink Technorati Tags : maps , online communities , xkcd TrackBack TrackBack URL for this entry: [link] Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Map of Online Communities (xkcd Rox!) : Comments I like it!

Four Ways User-Generated Content (UGC) Can Make its Way into.

Xyleme

Home About Podcasts Videos Xyleme Inc. Home > Learning Content Management , Social Learning > Four Ways User-Generated Content (UGC) Can Make its Way into Formal Learning Four Ways User-Generated Content (UGC) Can Make its Way into Formal Learning January 20th, 2010 Goto comments Leave a comment This past week, I’ve been reading and referring to Jane Hart’s article The State of Social Learning Today and some Thoughts for the Future of L&D in 2010 quite a bit.

What Is Performance Support And Why Should You Use Performance Support Tools?

Adobe Captivate

Here’s what you can do: Ascertain the portions from your formal training program that you want your learners to remember, check, refer or apply, and use Performance Support Tools (PSTs) to reinforce those messages. Webcast/Podcasts. Blog eLearning eLearning Community blog elearning community Performance Improvement performance supportThe 70:20:10 model for Learning and Development clearly establishes the need for L&D teams to focus on informal learning.

Learning at Large Ep4: Decentralizing L&D to support a successful learning culture

Elucidat

Subscribe to Learning at Large: Or search for “Learning at Large” on your podcast player of choice. Podcast transcript. larshyland on the #LearningatLarge podcast. larshyland on the #LearningatLarge podcast. It’s down to your decisions around those tools you’re using and the platforms that you have, as to how you can share that data and use it to help nudge people in the right direction, support people who are flagging” @larshyland on the #LearningatLarge podcast.

My History of Live Blogged Notes

Experiencing eLearning

These posts go back to 2007, so some of the content and references are dated. Podcasting with Section 508. Learning Communities. E-Learning Communities. Wikis that Work: Effective Wiki Practices for Virtual Learning Communities. What can Educators Learn from Online Religious Communities? When I attend webinars or participate in online courses and conferences, I usually live blog my notes.

Is There a Better Way to Social Learning?

Xyleme

Home About Podcasts Videos Xyleme Inc. July 21st, 2010 Goto comments Leave a comment Last week, I had the good fortune to speak with George Siemens for an upcoming Xyleme Voices podcast. which needs to coexist within the list of formal classroom and eLearning offerings which needs to coexist with your documents, knowledge management, videos, podcasts, which needs to coexist with the profiles, skills, and recent activity-feed happenings of all employees.

4 Stages of a Learning Business

Web Courseworks

Tagoras has given the learning business community a framework to help associations identify problem areas, and create solutions to move toward a forward-thinking and innovative business environment and culture. “ ” ( Leading Learning Podcast ) . ” (Leading Learning Podcast). References: Leading Learning, Tagoras (Producer). The Learning Business Maturity Model [Audio podcast].

10 Training Resources You Can’t Miss in Our Virtual Training Leader’s Summer Kit

Cloudshare

Luckily, you’re in the learning and training industry, meaning you have tons of resources , communities, podcasts and technology solutions to help you better meet learner expectations. Since it can be challenging to know where to start, we’ve compiled the top 10 training resources you should reference this summer. Our List of 10 Virtual Training Resources, Communities, Podcasts and Technology Solutions.

Masie 63

Three steps to compliance greatness | Good To Great

Good To Great

Good To Great In pursuit of excellence: my view on the world of learning and training Skip to content Home A bit about me ← User-focused design for gold-standard compliance training An e-learning Christmas variety box → Three steps to compliance greatness Posted on December 5, 2010 by Stephanie Dedhar | 2 Comments My recent survey of the e-learning and compliance communities highlighted three characteristics of the compliance e-learning we’d all like to see more of.

E-Learning Authoring Tools Characterized

The E-Learning Curve

It has led to the development and evolution of web-based communities, hosted services, and web applications. More. __ References: Horton, W., Tags: folksonomy blog wiki content development authoring tools podcast read/write web mashup elearning development

MOOCs in Workplace Learning – Part 1: Some Points to Consider

ID Reflections

They can be “semi-synchronous”: MOOCs can have a blend of modalities from videos and podcasts to reference links to blogs and articles, excerpts from books, whitepapers and so on. MOOCs also provide organizations with opportunities to introduce their experts to the larger community thus motivating the individuals concerned while strengthening organizational value and brand. However, communities don’t form by themselves.

Examples of eLearning 2.0

Clark Quinn

We use podcasts to release information on department updates wikis for SMEs to submit content/feedback project Wikis ; resource / tools sharing on wiki online reference for patient care using podcasts for our ASTD chapter to introduce upcoming speakers wikis, blogs, jing to capture best practices, conduct training and elearning resources virtual learning environment that encompasses social tools Use discussion boards and blogs for reflection and share learner experience A great list of examples.

e-Clippings (Learning As Art): "Intel Launches social media experience Open Port" (PodTech)

Mark Oehlert

e-Clippings (Learning As Art) Home Archives Subscribe About My Social Networks « "Theories and Models Of and For Online Learning" (First Monday) | Main | "A Win-Win Scenario: Game School Aims to Engage and Educate" (WIRED) » August 31, 2007 "Intel Launches social media experience Open Port" (PodTech) ( Link ) "Corporate Websites are losing a bit of relevance," says Bob Duffy,Intels online community strategist.

e-Clippings (Learning As Art): So its not exactly, if you build it they will come?

Mark Oehlert

Anybody ever try to manage an online community and wonder why it seemed so hard? Great post on BGN linking to some pointers on building social web apps - translatable into building communities). TrackBack TrackBack URL for this entry: [link] Listed below are links to weblogs that reference So its not exactly, if you build it they will come? e-Clippings (Learning As Art) Home Archives Subscribe About My Social Networks « I couldnt help myself, honest I tried.

e-Clippings (Learning As Art): Does anyone else see "Student Records" in "Data Portability"?

Mark Oehlert

White Paper Solicitation and I came to this section of items that would be valuable to have addressed by submitted white papers: "Collaboration and Community. Learning takes place within a community and is a collaborative activity. enable interoperability among learning systems and the technologies that support collaboration and community, including social networks, community learning, wikis, blogs, multiplayer games, and the emerging world of user generated content?"

MOOCs In Workplace Learning – Part 1: Some Points To Consider

Learnnovators

They can be “semi-synchronous”: MOOCs can have a blend of modalities from videos and podcasts to reference links to blogs and articles, excerpts from books, whitepapers and so on. MOOCs also provide organizations with opportunities to introduce their experts to the larger community thus motivating the individuals concerned while strengthening organizational value and brand. However, communities don’t form by themselves.

Using Interviews to Build Your Online Course Business

LearnDash

Hi (interviewee), I’m the instructor for (your course), and my students and I are huge fans of your work in (reference a webinar, podcast, TedTalk or another online event). The key is to get experts to share the interviews with their own communities. Offer a limited-edition coupon available to those who find the interview on the influencers blog, website, podcast or other channels.

MOOCs in Workplace Learning - Part 2: Designing a MOOC

ID Reflections

@ignatia (Inge de Waard) describes MOOCs thus in her Master’s Thesis, which I have referred to: “MOOC is above all referring to a pedagogical model with independent learners, access to information, opportunity to create emerging, spontaneous, yet not directed learning communities, etcetera. Employees will come if they find the content relevant, the discussions meaningful, and the communities engaging. and sharing of the same with the learner community.

Design 162

Framing an Economic Recovery Project

Karl Dakin

Community leader. However, all available information on disaster recovery demonstrates that working together (at the community level) is better than working alone. . This may be a chamber of commerce, a Meetup group, a blogger/podcaster or local celebrity. Project Selection – Economic recovery will center around one or more projects that creates jobs and cascades economic activity through the community.

The Growing Popularity of Asynchronous Learning: A corporate learning perspective

G-Cube

As the global community of corporate workers grows, it also becomes increasingly diverse. This can be substantially cemented by data on timely completion of assignments, completion of referred courses, fruitful participation in discussion boards and so on. This allows learners to refer to them later on and benefits learners who cannot attend the sessions in real-time. Podcasts are also popular–where an audio delivery ensures that the learner can just listen and learn.

EdCast vs Degreed vs Fuse – The Analysis

eLearning 24-7

UI – The term refers to user interface which is not a new term, but as it relates to NexGen Expands the capabilities, every vendor will tell you they have a modern UI, the latest capabilities with UI in T4, will explicitly tell you, how true that statement really is. Where do you start?

2.0 is a philosophy, not a technology

Jay Cross's Informal Learning

Informal Audio/ podcasts. Informal Communities of practice. Informal Community e-news. Informal Reference docs/job aids. Social Podcasting. Internet Time Alliance spent a couple of days last week putting the 2.0 into a tedious proposal for a large, forward-facing multinational corporation. Among our recommendations were: Informal Live webcasts. Informal Recorded webinars.

Harnessing Learning Theories for the Mobile Platform: A m-learning perspective

G-Cube

For instance, for learners in the medical community, learning through case studies is a common approach. Audio learning capsules, such as podcasts, can also be developed that provide re-enforcements as and when necessary. Reference and suggested further reading: ‘Pedagogical Perspective of Mobile Learning’ by J.

Theory 219

MOOCs In Workplace Learning – Part 2: Designing a MOOC

Learnnovators

@ ignatia (Inge de Waard) describes MOOCs thus in her Master’s Thesis: “MOOC is above all referring to a pedagogical model with independent learners, access to information, opportunity to create emerging, spontaneous, yet not directed learning communities, etcetera. Employees will come if they find the content relevant, the discussions meaningful, and the communities engaging. In most cases, content on the open web are free to use for reference.

11 Differences between a MOOC and an Online Course

ID Reflections

Each MOOC will gather around it a repository of content – reference links, resources, participant blogs, podcasts, videos, and so on – over and above the initial content used to start the MOOC. MOOCs have the potential to give rise to Communities of Practices or enhance the learning within an already existing CoP.

OCW 214