article thumbnail

How Freelance Clients Find Me

Experiencing eLearning

The biggest shift for me is that more of my work now comes from networking and referrals rather than from my blog and portfolio. An online portfolio is a requirement if you’re freelancing or consulting. Your portfolio is a way to tell your story about the work you do and the work you want to do in the future.

Portfolio 310
article thumbnail

My Top Blog Posts of 2022

Experiencing eLearning

Clearly, many people worked on their portfolio this year! My post on topics for portfolio samples was viewed over 8,500 times so far this year. 30+ Ideas for eLearning Portfolio Samples. Need more samples in your portfolio? Use this list of 30+ elearning portfolio sample ideas for inspiration.

Blogging 469
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Become an Industry Pro

B Online Learning

In this video, Tom Kuhlmann, VP of Articulate Community talks about how to become an industry pro. How to build your online portfolio through community Tips & tricks on establishing your expertise. The presentation was the closing keynote at iDESIGNX in Sydney 2014. With the internet it seems anyone’s a pro.

Industry 157
article thumbnail

The differences between social professional networks and communities of practice

Matrix

The meaning of ‘community’ has changed drastically with the spread of the internet and the rise of all the social networks. No longer confined by geography, people who share the same interests can connect, share and grow as a community online. Organizational value of online communities.

article thumbnail

The Power of an E-Learning Portfolio

Rapid eLearning

I received hundreds of qualified applications; however I couldn’t screen them all, so I created a first filter based on their work portfolios. Most of the applicants tended to fall into one of two camps: they didn’t have an e-learning portfolio or the projects they worked on were proprietary so they couldn’t share them.

Portfolio 114
article thumbnail

Are You Making These Portfolio Mistakes?

Scissortail's Learning Nest

Anyone looking to get a job (or change jobs) as an instructional designer knows that a portfolio is a must. I’m not saying you can’t get a job without a portfolio (I have), but these days, ID candidates are usually expected to have one. A portfolio is your opportunity to show a potential employer what you can do.

article thumbnail

Creating an eLearning Portfolio Using Your Community Content

Trivantis

One of my favorite (and lesser-known) features on the Trivantis® Community is the ability to share Lectora® courses. As a diehard developer turned Community Manager, I still get the itch to play around in Lectora, so I love it when I have an excuse to create something new. You can also share your courses from the Community at any time.