article thumbnail

Connected pedagogy: Social networks

Learning with e's

Photo by Steve Wheeler In a previous post I outlined some of the metrics around the use of digital media, technologies and social networks. I wrote that: "The age of social technologies has radically transformed the way we live our lives, and that includes how we learn and teach. Next time: Connected Minds References Godin, S.

article thumbnail

8 Types of Online Communities: Examples & Tips on How to Build Yours

learnWorlds

The rise of online communities has transformed the way we connect, share, and engage with others. Online communities have become pivotal in fostering social interaction , offering support, facilitating professional networking, and enhancing learning opportunities. Online communities are popular.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why your Enterprise Social Network is your most valuable social learning platform

Jane Hart

Social learning is a natural everyday phenomenon; simply put, we learn from our colleagues as we work with them. For this reason the new enterprise social platforms (like Enterprise Social Networks (ESNs) that underpin social collaboration are your most valuable social learning platforms.

article thumbnail

Social Media: The Virtual “Over-The-Partition” Learning Network.

Dashe & Thomson

They might even jot down a few notes that you can reference the next time you troubleshoot that widget problem. So, here’s my leap from that “over-the-partition” informal learning scenario to how social media can support social learning: YouTube (in other words, video learning). Social Media. It’s as simple as that.

article thumbnail

Developing a Results Driven Curriculum

A well-designed learning curriculum develops and nurtures skills needed to achieve organizational and business goals with the most effective and engaging set of experiences. This ebook outlines 5 critical steps to develop learning solutions that will help you achieve the most ambitious objectives.

article thumbnail

Communities / Social Networking and LMS Merger

Tony Karrer

Mzinga is a merger of KnowledgePlanet (an LMS provider and also the maker of the eLearning simulation tool - Firefly) and Shared Insights - a community / business social networking software company. Previously, I talked about how they are now referring to themselves in terms of talent management and workforce productivity.

article thumbnail

How To Make Money By Sharing Expertise For Free

Experiencing eLearning

I also did a few podcast interviews, and I’m active on LinkedIn and several online communities. Blog or email list LinkedIn Referrals from other L&D professionals A large portion of my income comes through repeat clients, but for new leads, those are the big three. I refer those projects to others when possible.

Expertise 360