article thumbnail

Daily Bookmarks 07/25/2008

Experiencing eLearning

32kbps was the smallest file size in his sampling. tags: captivate , e-learning , audio , audacity. Facilitating online communities - WikiEducator. Course from Wikieducator on communication and community for online facilitators. tags: e-learning , community , communication , teaching.

File Size 170
article thumbnail

TCC09: Digital Storytelling in a Web 2.0 World

Experiencing eLearning

A relevance sample of 100 digital stories was obtained from YouTube. Hard to get a truly random sample. Got a relevance sample instead. No video responses to their sample, so that isn’t a highly used feature so there isn’t a great community of sharing and responding to stories. Conclusions.

Web 171
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Learning Experience Design Strategy

Clark Quinn

And, as always, I take a broad interpretation of learning, so this holds true beyond formal learning; it applies to thinking about performer experience when you consider the tools they’ll have, and even the way that access to communities and other informal learning components will be made available in situ.

Strategy 177
article thumbnail

eLearning: Interesting Weekly Finds #7

Upside Learning

“Microsoft Research released a community game cum programming environment for the Xbox 360 called Kodu. It includes several tutorials to help you quickly figure out how to create new games, or you can look at the sample games bundled with the program for new ideas.

article thumbnail

Reflections on ISPI 2010

Clark Quinn

For instance, I attended a talk on Communities of Practice, but was dismayed to hear discussion of monitoring, managing, and controlling instead of nurturing and facilitation. Given the small sample, I reckon you should determine for yourself. Tags: design mobile strategy technology. There were some worrying signs, however.

ISPI 161
article thumbnail

Revisiting some of my favorite Google work tools: CSE

Janet Clarey

One nice example I found was in Adobe’s Community site. They use it to selectively index Adobe learning and support content as well as the best content from the Adobe community. community search. community search. Tags: Uncategorized AITD Custom Search Engine Google love. acts as a scaffold. lots of others.

Google 65
article thumbnail

Managed WordPress Hosting, Open Source Software Innovation and Community with Robert Jacobi From Cloudways

LifterLMS

Learn about managed WordPress hosting, open source software innovation and community with Robert Jacobi From Cloudways in this episode of the LMScast podcast hosted by Chris Badgett of LifterLMS. I’m excited to talk tech and WordPress and open-source and community and all these things with you that we have a shared passion for.