article thumbnail

TCC08: Wikis and Blogs and Tags: Oh Why?

Experiencing eLearning

Lisa Cheney-Steen, Colorado Community College System, Denver, Colorado, USA. Slideshare. More social community. Cynthia uses Twitter for keeping track of bookmarks–lets her tag it with who shared it with her and when to give her context. Create a sharing community. Starting with an intro to Web 2.0.

Wiki 170
article thumbnail

Creating a Vibrant Learning Community

Kapp Notes

Today I am presenting at Immaculata University on the topic of Creating a Vibrant Learning Community as part of a faculty workshop. Here are my slides (although SlideShare did something to some of the photographs on my slides.sorry about that.) Communities Of Practice View SlideShare presentation or Upload your own.

Community 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Daily Bookmarks 04/22/2008

Experiencing eLearning

tags: quality , continuousimprovement , education. tags: e-learning , graphics. tags: e-learning , graphics. What You Really Need To Learn » SlideShare. tags: learning , presentation , digitalliteracy , lifelonglearning , communication , patterns. Case studies from several school districts provided.

article thumbnail

The Connected Educator: Building a Professional Learning Network

Allison Rossett

Diigo , Delicious ) allow educators to highlight, tag, and organize relevant webpages. It provides an online environment where teachers can create class groups, design a profile page, and join subject communities. Both Edmodo and the Ning sites have smaller interest-based community groups (i.e., Slideshare Presentation).

article thumbnail

The Connected Educator: Building a Professional Learning Network

Allison Rossett

Diigo , Delicious ) allow educators to highlight, tag, and organize relevant webpages. It provides an online environment where teachers can create class groups, design a profile page, and join subject communities. Both Edmodo and the Ning sites have smaller interest-based community groups (i.e., Slideshare Presentation).

article thumbnail

Share trading

Learning with e's

The arrival of YouTube, Flickr and Slideshare and of course Twitter, made it easier to share than ever. Tagging made it even more personal. creating community'' (Castells, 2012, p. Culture education FaceBook Flickr Friendster learning sharing slideshare social media YouTube' And to remix. And re-share. Unported License.

article thumbnail

Five tools for global educators

Learning with e's

We are connected educators, linked in to a number of powerful global communities of practice, and we have access to resources, dialogue and audiences we would not enjoy in a traditional learning and teaching role. But what tools do we use to enable us to connect with these communities, resources, audiences around the globe?

Global 98