TCC08: Social Bookmarking to Support Professional Practice

Experiencing eLearning

Using a Social Bookmark Site to Assist in Diffusion of Online Information to Support Professional Practices. Uses social bookmarking so can find what he needs. Tagging with social bookmarking can help peers & colleagues find information more easily. Social Bookmarking Sites. Del.icio.us: most popular, emphasis is on community. Digg: community-based news, user ranking. Tagging is secondary.

The tribal web

Learning with e's

The tribes and clans I have identified, it could be argued, are emerging as a direct result of their sustained interaction with, and through, social technologies. community Digital FaceBook Flickr identity learning social bookmarking social tagging Technology Tribes web

Web 52

e-Clippings (Learning As Art): 8 Random Facts Meme (via Karyn Romeis)

Mark Oehlert

So I was thinking about how to respond to this tagging - Im a rebel, I live on the edge - you know, blog fast and die young, so I wanted to do something a bit different. Clay Shirky My latest additions to del.icio.us del.icio.us stuff Here are some of my main del.icio.us

IM 41

Digital literacy 6: Organising and sharing content

Learning with e's

Now we have the social web, there are more ways than ever to make your content available to a vast audience. Answer - you organise it by 'tagging' it. Tagging content is a bit of an art. Tagging will also make finding content within a large list of bookmarks a lot easier.

Personalizing Web Access " WebTools For Learners

Web Tools for Learners

Later in the day I was working with some people who were not that efficient at using the web and wanted to show them what I regard as an essential web tool, del.icio.us , the social bookmarking application. I reached out to the laptop, not my own, to try to open up my del.icio.us

Web 52

2.0 is a philosophy, not a technology

Jay Cross's Informal Learning

Informal Communities of practice. Informal Community e-news. Social SharePoint 2010, eRoom/Documentum. Social Mentoring/ coaching. Social Websites? Social Books? Social Collaborative projects. Social Wikis. Social Blogs (written/ video). Social Micro-blogging.

10 Patterns of Interaction: Implementing Social Learning Strategies in eLearning

eFront

There are a multitude of interaction methods in an eLearning environment to promote social learning. Research has repeatedly indicated the enhanced productivity associated with social learning. This is the most popular method of teamwork in an social learning environment.

10 Patterns of Interaction: Implementing Social Learning Strategies in eLearning

eFront

There are a multitude of interaction methods in an eLearning environment to promote social learning. Research has repeatedly indicated the enhanced productivity associated with social learning. This is the most popular method of teamwork in an social learning environment.

Web 2.0 Applications in Learning

Tony Karrer

Question 1 - What are the most likely ways / places your organization might or does use Blogs, Wikis, Social Bookmarking, Social Networking or Collaboration Tools? IBM I only briefly mentioned how other organizations are adopting these tools in a big way - The Wall Street Journal - June 18 2007 - social networking at IBM 26,000 registered blogs. Ranking, tagging, top stories Tags link back to the tagger's BluePages profile IBM owns more than 50 islands in Second Life.

Web 103

Social Grid Follow-up

Tony Karrer

Last week I did a webinar with Mark Sylvester of Intronetworks - Tapping the Social Grid. The crux of the talk was: Why being able to tap into the social grid is important for concept workers. A few of the tools and methods I use to tap into the social grid.

Social 132

SMBs and Social Learning Technologies

Janet Clarey

SMBs & Social Media (Sum Total). Other notes: Definition of social media vary among attendees (~160). Noted main difference between main stream media and social media. Social media enables everyone to publish/access info inexpensively. Where we are today: Primary forms of social learning technologies used in corporations today appear to be e-mail, live online learning (Web conferencing), threaded discussion, and collaborative content development.