article thumbnail

TCC08: Social Bookmarking to Support Professional Practice

Experiencing eLearning

Using a Social Bookmark Site to Assist in Diffusion of Online Information to Support Professional Practices. Uses social bookmarking so can find what he needs. Tagging with social bookmarking can help peers & colleagues find information more easily. Social Bookmarking Sites.

article thumbnail

Diigo User Communities

Experiencing eLearning

I just realized that Diigo lets me see everyone who has bookmarked my site and what they saved. They call this the “User Community&# around a site; there’s also communities around tags. Here’s Site Community for my blog; you can enter your own URL there to see your user community.

Diigo 170
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

My History of Live Blogged Notes

Experiencing eLearning

Wikis and Blogs and Tags: Oh Why? Social Bookmarking to Support Professional Practice. Learning Communities. E-Learning Communities. Wikis that Work: Effective Wiki Practices for Virtual Learning Communities. Evaluating Social Networking Tools for Distance Learning. Transitioning from WebCT to Sakai.

Wiki 170
article thumbnail

LearnTrends: Personal Knowledge Management

Experiencing eLearning

When you bookmark on delicious, you can also see how others have tagged it. Social bookmarks are an easy first step–lots of people can have a purpose for this. Social bookmarking sites are less often blocked by corporate firewalls. Make the data searchable and shareable with others.

article thumbnail

Diigo’s New Release

Experiencing eLearning

Diigo recently released version 3 of their social bookmarking application. This is what I use to keep track of all my resources and what generates my Daily Bookmarks posts. The biggest change in this version is really the emphasis on the social part of social bookmarking.

Diigo 170
article thumbnail

The Connected Educator: Building a Professional Learning Network

Allison Rossett

RSS (really simple syndication) readers and social bookmarking are two popular information aggregation tools. Social bookmarking tools (i.e., Diigo , Delicious ) allow educators to highlight, tag, and organize relevant webpages. Social bookmarking tools (i.e., Social Bookmarking.

article thumbnail

The Connected Educator: Building a Professional Learning Network

Allison Rossett

RSS (really simple syndication) readers and social bookmarking are two popular information aggregation tools. Social bookmarking tools (i.e., Diigo , Delicious ) allow educators to highlight, tag, and organize relevant webpages. Social bookmarking tools (i.e., Social Bookmarking.