My professional use of social media and communication tools

Challenge to Learn

I noticed that I use more and more social media tools and different tools to communicate. ELearninglearning is the one I use most intense, but there are more like ‘ Working smarter Daily ‘ Social media. For me Linkedin is the central social application, my tweets and blog post are also published on my Linkedin page, it is my professinal homepage on the web. You can have 2.000 subscribers in the free version, for more you have to start paying.

10 Social Media Tools For Learning

The eLearning Coach

Do you have a training or information need that could benefit from a social media strategy? So here are descriptions of ten applications representing different social media technologies that promote learning. Dimdim has an open source version so developers can integrate it with other software. Category: Social Networking Platform. Elgg is an aggregate of many social media technologies in one platform.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

The Emerging Role of the Community Manager #astdl20

Learning Visions

The Emerging Role of the Community Manager with Jim Storer (@jimstorer) of The Community Roundtable Community = shared purpose, common needs Even if you think you’re doing something in private, it is discoverable and you could be outed. It’s not about the tools Responsibilities of a Community Manager: Don’t have a build it they will come mentality. Good community managers know how to channel that. Drama central When someone takes over a community.

From version 3.6 to version 3.6.6

eFront

News from the e-learning frontier Pages Home About Community Free e-Learning Resources Contribute to the e-Learning Community 8/24/2010 From version 3.6 to version 3.6.6 With the pace that new versions of eFront are released is easy to not get enough information of improvements and new futures that have been added since the initial version 3.6 Version 3.6 to version 3.6.6

How to Do Video Marketing on Social Media for Course Creators with Jason Hsiao from Animoto

LifterLMS

How to do video marketing on social media for course creators with Jason Hsiao from Animoto in this episode of LMScast with Chris Badgett of LifterLMS. Animoto is a simple way to produce great looking videos that will stand out on social media. Targeting is one of the most powerful aspects of social media marketing. When creating videos for social media, it is important to engage viewers quickly.

6 Important Reasons Leaders Should Be Using Social Media

Learnloft

Today, it’s become the norm for employees to not only know their leader on a personal level but to be connected with their leader on social media. The shift to a leader who is not only present on social media, but also an active contributor has become less of an anomaly and more of what the best leaders are doing on an ongoing basis. When leaders are social they get the opportunity to show they are human and can connect with their people on a human level.

Top 5 tips to gain buy in for learning with social media

Saffron Interactive

We’ve all have heard stories or witnessed some of the powers of social media, so why not apply some of these success stories by embracing these technologies and embedding them to your learning strategy. Ask yourself what your learning and development goals and objectives are for engaging in social media. There are still reservations surrounding social media. Don’t forget to check back soon for a downloadable version of these top tips. . .

New version of Camtasia for Mac bends time and space

TechSmith Camtasia

delivers clip speed , the #1 feature request from Camtasia for Mac users-- as voted by our user community. Daniel Foster is the "social media guy" for TechSmith. He enjoys iceboating, ice cream socials, and isosceles triangles. Image credit: Tomasz Stasiuk We don't usually give codenames to minor releases but if we did, this one would be called Dr. Who. That's because it's all about transcending the barriers of space and time. You read that right. And Space.

Mac 85

Most Revolutionary Google Product Launch of the Past Month (Hint: It’s Not Google+)

Dashe & Thomson

Since its launch in beta format a month ago, Google+ has registered some significant buzz within the social learning community. Whether it turns out to be a game changer or just another useful tool in the social learning arsenal has yet to be determined, but in my opinion, it wasn’t even Google’s most revolutionary social launch that week. or for an internal corporate version, providing the wisdom of the masses to the C-suite executives.

Google 133

The most updated and informative e-Learning community on Twitter

eFront

News from the e-learning frontier Pages Home About Community Free e-Learning Resources Contribute to the e-Learning Community 11/28/2010 The most updated and informative e-Learning community on Twitter On Twitter exists a resourceful community of e-Learning professionals. During the last 2 years I was able to exchange ideas, share thoughts, and learn from this community of practice. social learning - experimentação. to version 3.6.6

5 Creative Ways to Market Your eLearning on a Budget

Association eLearning

Social media is your best bud when you have a limited marketing budget. Instead of spending thousands of dollars on expensive web banners and ads in industry newsletters, spend an hour each day sharing the word about your new eLearning offering on social networks. In addition to the tips we shared in our recent Smarter Uses for Social Media blog post, here are a few more specific tips you can use to market your association’s eLearning.

Market 138

What’s New in Moodle 3.7

eThink Education

From usability enhancements to functional changes, to updates to activities like the Forum & Lesson modules, the latest version of Moodle , Moodle 3.7, Media Options within Lessons. is the ability for your learners to add media into essay questions when they answer them. As an instructor, you can also take advantage of media options in the Lesson essay question type when you’re grading. Learn more about the updates in the latest version of Moodle in the Moodle 3.7

Bloomfire announces FREE plan for 2.0 by Learning Solutions Staff

Learning Solutions Magazine

version of their social learning community platform on November 22, but at DevLearn they are offering attendees a special opportunity to start a Bloomfire for free before the launch. Social Media Bloomfire is launching the 2.0

Cut and thrust

Learning with 'e's

Posted on the BERA blog , Peter Ford made the argument that unless academics and educationalists engage with classroom teachers on social media, they are in danger of being consigned to the periphery. Classroom teachers in their tens of thousands (this is no hyperbole) have a significant presence on social media sites, where pertinent discussion is published on a daily, or even hourly basis. edchat #edchatie #ukedchat BERA education learning social media Technology

Brilliant backchannel tweeting: what to do after an event

Good To Great

Collating or curating all the resources from the backchannel into one place is a great way to add value to the community after an event. This guide is an expanded version of a post originally published as part of the eLearning Network’s 24 tips , in December 2012.). Learning and training Tips and examples collaboration social media conference

Keeping Up - April's Big Question

eLearning Cyclops

However, being involved in an e-learning community is a big help. For me it is a blog community and following many experts on Twitter. Many of the blogs I follow are part of the eLearningLearning community. I also like to make occasional visits to Google Labs and Adobe Labs to "keep up" with the tech tools they are working on and to test drive any beta versions available. Cloud Blogging Social Media Twitter Google e-Learning Cloud Computing

Social Learning and LMSs Marketplace

eLearning 24-7

As social learning continues to grow, LMS/LCMS vendors are taking various approaches. While some view themselves as “social learning&# savvy, incorporating various components, others seem to see themselves as just sitting on the sidelines. LMS/LCMS vendors are following one of three approaches when it comes to social learning. Dip their feet in it – just a bit, a little here, a little there – oh and call it a full social learning platform.

Brilliant backchannel tweeting: a before-during-after guide

Good To Great

As a community, we cite Twitter as our number one learning tool and we’re vocal in our appreciation of our personal learning networks (PLNs). This guide is an expanded version of a post originally published as part of the eLearning Network’s 24 tips , in December 2012.). Learning and training Tips and examples collaboration conference social media

Our viral web

Learning with e's

But we all have access to the power of social media, and with appropriate use, and with enough of us involved, we are all watchers - and we can all make a difference. Reading a blog post by Jonathan MacDonald today got me thinking about the vast, untapped potential of the social web to inform, challenge, educate and motivate. He reported it online, sharing his outrage with his social network. Subsequently others loaded it up in several versions to Wikimedia Commons.

Web 69

Exclusive offers for eFront facebook fans

eFront

News from the e-learning frontier Pages Home About Community Free e-Learning Resources Contribute to the e-Learning Community 4/13/2010 Exclusive offers for eFront facebook fans In a step towards an integrated social media strategy, Epignosis has announced that will proceed to 26 successive biweekly exclusive offers just for the fans of the eFront page on facebook. to version 3.6.6

The Rise of Social Everything

Marcia Conner

Within five years, I predict, the word social will seem as cliché as synergy feels now. Social connection will be like a dial tone, something we once expected to hear and now don’t bother listening for as we dial. We must get comfortable in our social shoes. Social tools allow us to reach across time and space to solve complex problems and make informed decisions in ways we couldn’t dream of years ago. Social is not a set of technologies.

Top 10 LMS/LCMS Trends and Forecasts

eLearning 24-7

have relied on COPs (Communities of Practice) along with ILT to drive their training. Equally horrible, is that some companies are still using old versions of IE or an outdated computer system with Windows 2000 on it. LMS/LCMS vendors wishing to a slight degree to incorporate social learning without fully entering are adding Widgets to the mix. Will the vendors support the new versions of all the browsers? Social Learning.

LCMS 64

Resistance is futile

Learning with 'e's

I have learnt from my research that there are - and always will be - people who are resistant or reticent, because new technologies have the potential to disrupt and challenge the social and professional roles into which they have habituated. Blogging has evolved into a very expressive form of writing, and clearly exploits the immediacy of social interaction that was unknown before social media. I'm fascinated by the psychology of educational technology.

Brilliant backchannel tweeting: a before-during-after guide

Good To Great

As a community, we cite Twitter as our number one learning tool and we’re vocal in our appreciation of our personal learning networks (PLNs). This guide is an expanded version of a post originally published as part of the eLearning Network’s 24 tips , in December 2012.). Learning and training Tips and examples collaboration conference social media

ADL accepts eFront as SCORM 2004 adopter

eFront

News from the e-learning frontier Pages Home About Community Free e-Learning Resources Contribute to the e-Learning Community 4/08/2010 ADL accepts eFront as SCORM 2004 adopter eFront is an LMS commited to international standards. and IMS Common Catridge and with version 3.6 ► September (1) 5 things you (perhaps) don't know about eFront ► August (2) From version 3.6 to version 3.6.6

ADL 65

Global digital tribe

Learning with 'e's

If you are immersed in technology mediated communication, there are no apparent barriers to membership of your community of practice. It is your virtual community. It is tribal because the global online community exhibits many of the characteristics of traditional, territorial tribal practice. Whether or not we realise it, if we regularly use social media, we are members of the world wide digital tribe.

Brilliant backchannel tweeting: what to do after an event

Good To Great

Collating or curating all the resources from the backchannel into one place is a great way to add value to the community after an event. This guide is an expanded version of a post originally published as part of the eLearning Network’s 24 tips , in December 2012.). Learning and training Tips and examples collaboration conference social media

APIs and Mashups r ur new ABCs for E-Learning

eLearning 24-7

hiogi.com – mobile search based on the knowledge of a worldwide community. Hunch’s answers are based on the collective knowledge of the entire Hunch community. Adaptive Learning with a Social Q/A twist. Cliqset -social web service that helps users share and discover content and discuss it with other users. Social Media Solutions that have multiple APIs built in their system, basically they are a mashup in a sense. Social Learning?

CMS: An Alternative to a LMS for those who seek Portals or Communities

eLearning 24-7

While the race is on for people to get LMSs and LCMSs, there are some people who either do not want or need a LMS/LCMS, but want to create a learning community or more often, some type of portal – intranet or internet. CMSs were initially created and are often used for organizing and managing websites and web content, including documents, files, media, etc.

Five tools for global educators

Learning with 'e's

In effect, through the use of social media and telecommunication technologies, these teachers are becoming global educators. We are connected educators, linked in to a number of powerful global communities of practice, and we have access to resources, dialogue and audiences we would not enjoy in a traditional learning and teaching role. But what tools do we use to enable us to connect with these communities, resources, audiences around the globe?

The future is not here yet

Learning with 'e's

The biggest surprise for me so far has been social media: it is the biggest thing in the last ten years to hit the world of learning technology. You can literally tap into any community of practice that you are interested in and find people who are very clever and knowledgeable and get almost instant answers from them. You already mentioned social media as one of the most important technologies that have changed learning.

7 reasons why the new Articulate Storyline is a Game-Changer for eLearning

mLearning Revolution

No wonder they have thousands of superfans, who rave about their products and who recommend them to their peers via Social Media Networks. So here it goes, these are the things that have impressed me about Storyline, some are features but I also consider the intangibles, such as Articulate’s community, to be important factors too, which is why I put the Articulate Community at the top of the list. The Articulate Community.

Online Educa

Jay Cross

Participants at Educa are enthusiastic: You can watch a longer version of the party video here. Social Media & Mobile Learning. Community Informal Learning WorkscapingWhen did you last see this enthusiastic a group of learning professionals? Six of the Business Educa track sessions in Berlin were streamed and recorded: The Opening Conversation. Learning from Experience. Games: Should you be doing this at work? Working Smarter with Learning Networks.

Skype 46

6 Tips to Upsell Your Newest Online Course

LearnDash

I love to put this to work for me when I’m building user communities of students. Make it social media friendly: Develop themes that students will want to talk about on social media. How can educators retain learners after their course finishes?

Course 172

Free Storyboard Templates for e-Learning

eFront

News from the e-learning frontier Pages Home About Community Free e-Learning Resources Contribute to the e-Learning Community 12/12/2010 Free Storyboard Templates for e-Learning What I really like about the e-Learning community is that the most e-Learning professionals have a great passion of sharing their knowledge. > The e-Learning community will very much appreciate if you donate your storyboard template ! to version 3.6.6

e-Learning Glossaries

eFront

News from the e-learning frontier Pages Home About Community Free e-Learning Resources Contribute to the e-Learning Community 12/05/2010 e-Learning Glossaries Think about e-Learning. e-Learning applications and processes are constantly changing and evolving, and the e-Learning community has members all over the world. E-Learning Essentials Common e-learning terms used in online education including accreditation, virtual classroom, community, university, college, etc.

5 Benefits of White-Labeling your LMS and Training Portals

Academy of Mine

With social media, consumers get exposed to new brands every day.”. Learning on a platform where you can see the vendor’s name and logo advertised seems cheap – almost like you’re using a trial version of a software application.

Free and Open Source Text to Speech Tools for e-Learning

eFront

News from the e-learning frontier Pages Home About Community Free e-Learning Resources Contribute to the e-Learning Community 1/16/2011 Free and Open Source Text to Speech Tools for e-Learning Open source software can be used as we wish, without long-term commitments and with a community of professionals that extend and support them. As of version 4.3, ► September (1) 5 things you (perhaps) don't know about eFront ► August (2) From version 3.6

Free e-Learning books

eFront

News from the e-learning frontier Pages Home About Community Free e-Learning Resources Contribute to the e-Learning Community 11/14/2010 Free e-Learning books Since I am a great fun of open source software ( Open Source Authoring Tools for e-Learning , Free and Open Source Web Conferencing Tools for e-Learning ) and active member of online communities I created the following list with free e-Learning books. => to version 3.6.6

195 posts about MOOCs

Jay Cross

version française ) In recent years I have been working on two major concepts:first, the connectivist theory of online learning, which views learning as anetwork process; and second, the massive open online course, or MOOC , which isan instantiation of that process. Social Media: An Interview STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2012. K-12 MOOCs and Communities. The following are the top items from featured sources based on social signals.

OER 73