article thumbnail

Brief Intro to Social Networks

Experiencing eLearning

Intro to Social Networks. Social & Networked Learning combines psychology and technology. Sometimes being social can help learning. Posted in Connectivism, Informal Learning, Learning Communities. This isn’t my usual comprehensive live blogging, just snippets of things that caught my interest.

article thumbnail

Addressing On-Demand Learning and Performance Needs #LCBQ | Social.

Dashe & Thomson

The questions prompt quite a lively and interesting discussion among online community members. In a recent post What Makes a Successful Community Manager? I think the community manager can also support and facilitate on-demand learning and performance and will be pivotal in it’s success.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

TCC09: Evaluating Social Networking Tools for Distance Learning

Experiencing eLearning

Summary: “Debates rage about the appropriateness of using social networking in teaching, with arguments ranging from waste of time and distraction from academic goals to needed to reach net generation student. An example of using a social networking tool, Ning, in an online class is reported.&#. Three main points.

article thumbnail

Measurement & ROI for Social & Network Learning

Experiencing eLearning

This can be the social network. Also need to think about opportunity cost–what are you giving up to spend time on social media? Examples (from The Social Enterprise Blog ): Caterpillar 3000 communities of practice = $75 million saved as of 5 years ago. Posted in Informal Learning, Learning Communities.

article thumbnail

TCC08: Creating and Teaching a College-Level Undergraduate Course in Social Networking

Experiencing eLearning

Developed a course on social networking for business. Use online library databases to research social networking. Past predictions about online communities assumed text because that was what was available. Provided a bunch of stats on social networking usage–I’m not taking notes on all that).

article thumbnail

Social networking is king

E-Learning Provocateur

Another principle that resonated with me was, in my own words: Social networking is king. Social networking has been around since the dawn of time. However, the exponential growth of online platforms such as Facebook and Twitter has taken it to a whole new stratosphere. The goal posts have moved. technology.

article thumbnail

8 Types of Online Communities: Examples & Tips on How to Build Yours

learnWorlds

The rise of online communities has transformed the way we connect, share, and engage with others. Online communities have become pivotal in fostering social interaction , offering support, facilitating professional networking, and enhancing learning opportunities. Online communities are popular.