article thumbnail

The differences between social professional networks and communities of practice

Matrix

The meaning of ‘community’ has changed drastically with the spread of the internet and the rise of all the social networks. No longer confined by geography, people who share the same interests can connect, share and grow as a community online. Organizational value of online communities.

article thumbnail

Survey: Are you ready, willing and able to support learning in the new social workplace?

Jane Hart

In the diagram on the right I show 5 key types of activity across the Social Workplace Learning Continuum that I think that will need to be supported.). (In In the diagram on the right I show 5 key types of activity across the Social Workplace Learning Continuum that I think that will need to be supported.).

Survey 201
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Very social software

Learning with e's

A veritable feast of articles on social media is appearing in the academic press at the moment. Two articles that have caught my eye deal with social software in education, and both have landed on my desk in the last few weeks. Social Software: new opportunities for challenging social inequalities in learning?

article thumbnail

Communities / Social Networking and LMS Merger

Tony Karrer

Mzinga is a merger of KnowledgePlanet (an LMS provider and also the maker of the eLearning simulation tool - Firefly) and Shared Insights - a community / business social networking software company. This merger points to another direction - combination of LMS capability + community / social networking.

article thumbnail

Siloed Social Conversations Impede Shared Experience

Skilful Minds

The Altimeter Group’s report from earlier this year, The Evolution of Social Business: Six Stages of Social Business Transformation, offers the above graphic to exemplify the way social networking develops as the social activities of businesses mature. John Seely Brown social business social software'

article thumbnail

Customer Competencies, Co-Creation, and Brand Communities

Skilful Minds

Word of mouth communities and networks using social software are increasingly spread over regional, national, and international borders, making them much more important to those who market branded products and services, online and off. empathy empathy with customers engagement Innovation.

article thumbnail

The survival of higher education (3): The Social Web

Learning with e's

Below are four reasons why the Social Web and associated media are changing higher education. Firstly.the Social Web connects people together At Plymouth University, we very quickly began to explore the ways Social Web tools could support our students.

Wiki 77