article thumbnail

Diigo User Communities

Experiencing eLearning

They call this the “User Community&# around a site; there’s also communities around tags. Here’s Site Community for my blog; you can enter your own URL there to see your user community. A site with more bookmarks, like Vicki Davis’ site community , has much richer information.

Diigo 170
article thumbnail

What would Dr. Seuss say about online communities.

ID Reflections

Coupled with the "translation," we are not likely to forget the points about online communities mentioned here in a hurry. By themselves, the points would sound mundane and oft quoted. Tags: collaborative learning social learning andragogy online communities adult learning. Enjoy the slideshow.

Community 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Saying Good-bye to The eLearning Guild (but not leaving the Guild family)

Corporate eLearning Strategies and Development

The community they have built is filled with the brightest minds in this industry and while my job may be changing I will always be part of the Guild community. With each passing event I learned, and adapted, and tried to make the next event bigger and better for the community of professions that trusted me to do so.

article thumbnail

You could win a year of free access to Coursera!

Coursera

While you can invest in your professional goals and subscribe to Coursera Plus at any time, we’re thrilled to have the opportunity to give up to five learners free access to Coursera as a thank-you for being part of our community! Be sure to tag @Coursera and use the hashtag #CourseraContest and #Coursera in your TikTok video.

Free 59
article thumbnail

Daily Bookmarks 07/25/2008

Experiencing eLearning

Mark Siegriest is trying to find the best audio settings to balance sound quality and file size. tags: captivate , e-learning , audio , audacity. Facilitating online communities - WikiEducator. Course from Wikieducator on communication and community for online facilitators.

File Size 170
article thumbnail

8 Dos and Don’ts of Distributing Corporate Videos on Various Online Platforms

fewStones

Encourage Engagement and Interaction Promote a sense of community and invite viewers to interact with your content. If your video appears unprofessional or has poor sound quality, it might reflect negatively on your business. Use descriptive video tags to improve discoverability.

article thumbnail

Who are Instructional Designers? The existential dilemma.

ID Reflections

Soft skills: Good communication & written skills. Quote from Harold Jarche : Skills for learning professionals “Today, active involvement in informal learning, particularly through web-based communities, is key to remaining professional and creative in a field. You should have experience in designing curriculum based products.