article thumbnail

8 Types of Online Communities: Examples & Tips on How to Build Yours

learnWorlds

The rise of online communities has transformed the way we connect, share, and engage with others. Online communities have become pivotal in fostering social interaction , offering support, facilitating professional networking, and enhancing learning opportunities. Online communities are popular.

article thumbnail

Addressing On-Demand Learning and Performance Needs #LCBQ | Social.

Dashe & Thomson

The questions prompt quite a lively and interesting discussion among online community members. In a recent post What Makes a Successful Community Manager? I think the community manager can also support and facilitate on-demand learning and performance and will be pivotal in it’s success.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Our Blog Turns One Today

Upside Learning

Write Consistently: We are also happy that we have been able to maintain (or rather, consistently increase) the posting frequency that is necessary to keep the community engaged. eLearning Development India: Results of Salary Survey 2009. eLearning Development India – The Unofficial Salary Survey.

Blogging 168
article thumbnail

eLearning Network Instructional Designers Survey

Learning Visions

Clive Shepherd tweeted about a survey recently done by the eLearning Network , a non-profit eLearning community based out of the UK. This survey shows that in addition to design, IDs also: project manage (82%) [me too!] Go ahead and take the survey and then let us know your thoughts back here. What do you do on that list?

article thumbnail

Embracing Innovation in Learning | Social Learning Blog

Dashe & Thomson

We are moving, albeit in fits and starts, from traditional learning environments, where curriculum are essentially assigned to learners, to more collaborative and innovative environments where learners can self-direct their learning and participate in communities of passion. Of course, when I saw this question, I had to try to answer it.

article thumbnail

Weekly Bookmarks (4/12/2010)

Experiencing eLearning

tags : e-learning , research , training , education. Presentation on teaching online with VoiceThread & Ning, including survey results with learner perspectives on how these tools helped create a sense of community. tags : moodle , rubric , e-learning , lms , assessment. tags : moodle , lms , e-learning.

article thumbnail

10 Winning User Onboarding Email Examples to Hook & Activate New Users

Epilogue Systems

A vibrant community forum to connect with fellow language learners. In this email, we’ll revisit the key features of Evernote and showcase how they can help you: Organize notes with tags and notebooks. We’re excited to have you join our vibrant online community. Positions the user as a valued member of the community.