article thumbnail

The Open Screen Project – Will It Succeed?

Upside Learning

The most important one is Adobe removing restrictions on SWF and FLV/F4V specifications. So one can now develop software that can actually “play” SWF content. What’s Adobe’s contribution? Also porting Flash runtimes on handheld devices has been made royalty free (which wasn’t the case earlier). How’s it going?

article thumbnail

Future Of Flash Is Open Source

Upside Learning

Adobe has released SWF specifications till its version 10. However, the development is tightly coupled with the unreleased Flash runtimes, and hence builds would not be available to open-source community till the latest runtimes are officially released. The pace of development, however, is really very slow.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

eLearning: Interesting Weekly Finds #7

Upside Learning

“Microsoft Research released a community game cum programming environment for the Xbox 360 called Kodu. Gordon, a flash runtime written in javascript, is an interesting project that recreates the Flash Player into svg using javascript from a flash source swf file. This is an interesting direction.

article thumbnail

Interesting Information via eLearning Learning

Tony Karrer

We've implemented a few features in the eLearning Learning Community. Below are some of the bloggers who are participating in the community and when you click on the link, it will show you the community page with them selected. You can see the first feature by visiting the site and clicking around on terms.

article thumbnail

Hot List - April 1, 2009 to April 11, 2009

Tony Karrer

Communities, PLEs, small groups, & power - Adventures in Corporate Education , March 31, 2009 My mom loves telling the following story about me, to emphasize the fact that I have always been bossy. What is an online learning community? Book: Mobile Communication Studies, edited by James E. Tags: Tools.

article thumbnail

35 Top eLearning Articles and 6 Hot Topics for March

eLearning Learning Posts

The links are swf (Flash) files. Learning From Visual Data - The eLearning Coach , March 16, 2010 In the not so distant past, the visualization of data was reserved for the scientific community. Tags: Best. You will be prompted to save or open the file most likely. Using Del.icio.us Tools of my trade , March 28, 2010.