article thumbnail

8 Types of Online Communities: Examples & Tips on How to Build Yours

learnWorlds

The rise of online communities has transformed the way we connect, share, and engage with others. Online communities have become pivotal in fostering social interaction , offering support, facilitating professional networking, and enhancing learning opportunities. Online communities are popular.

article thumbnail

DevLearn 2014 – It’s a Wrap (and it’s all about community): Featuring Meg Bertapelle

Learning Rebels

I would even make the argument that it’s more a Personal Learning Community than a network (which conjures up visions of a strange form of speed dating, strangers passing around business cards hoping for a connection). Benefits of PLN/Community/Professional Organizations. Without this community (that’s you!), Chat2lrn Avatar.

DevLearn 214
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Start a YouTube Channel To Complement Online Courses

LearnDash

This is essential to get your viewers to take some kind of action, such as: Purchasing your online course Joining your email list Becoming part of your online community Subscribing to your YouTube channel Connecting with you on other platforms …and so on. This builds a better connection with your followers and establishes trust.

YouTube 157
article thumbnail

Trust--The Cornerstone of Collaboration

ID Reflections

The post is an attempt to begin an analysis of what is required to build and maintain trust and thus facilitate collaboration. Paul on FB : Just made a comment back on Buzz - interesting conversation developing about trust, collaboration et al. :-) Paul on Buzz via Twitter : simbeckhampson: Question. It seems to be vanishing.

Trust 135
article thumbnail

Content Curation: One More Role for an Enterprise Community Manager

ID Reflections

I want to parse myworld by conversations, by topic, by trusted connections daily. How does this tie in with the role of a community manager, you may ask! What role can an enterprise community manager play? In this case, the community manager's role would be akin to that of a museum curator. Very closely, I would say.

Community 194
article thumbnail

Embracing Innovation in Learning | Social Learning Blog

Dashe & Thomson

We are moving, albeit in fits and starts, from traditional learning environments, where curriculum are essentially assigned to learners, to more collaborative and innovative environments where learners can self-direct their learning and participate in communities of passion. Of course, when I saw this question, I had to try to answer it.

article thumbnail

TCC09: Wikis that Work: Effective Wiki Practices for Virtual Learning Communities

Experiencing eLearning

This virtual learning community took the initiative to form a study group and share strategies for completing course problem-solving assignments. They effectively managed issues of trust, workload, and learning within their social network. We’ve had learning communities before, but online learning makes it more visible.

Wiki 193