article thumbnail

The Connected Educator: Building a Professional Learning Network

Allison Rossett

Diigo , Delicious ) allow educators to highlight, tag, and organize relevant webpages. In addition to the popular social media tools ( Facebook , Edmodo , Twitter ), there are also interest-based groups, including Ning and Google/Yahoo! Both Edmodo and the Ning sites have smaller interest-based community groups (i.e.,

article thumbnail

The Connected Educator: Building a Professional Learning Network

Allison Rossett

Diigo , Delicious ) allow educators to highlight, tag, and organize relevant webpages. In addition to the popular social media tools ( Facebook , Edmodo , Twitter ), there are also interest-based groups, including Ning and Google/Yahoo! Both Edmodo and the Ning sites have smaller interest-based community groups (i.e.,

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

“Current Need-to-Know Tools and What’s Around the Corner” Nick Floro #olconf

Learning Visions

Current Need-to-Know Tools and What’s Around the Corner” Nick Floro with Sealworks Trends eLearning community and what we’re doing is rapidly changing. When creating content, think about making it more flexible – tagging and organizing it so you can easily shuffle it together. Tag things so they are easily searchable.

Tools 100
article thumbnail

7 Local Internet Marketing Tips to Grow Your Small Business

Think Orion

There are a lot of local business directories, like Yelp, Facebook, Google Local, Bing Local, Yahoo Local, Foursquare, etc., To optimize your website for local search, you can include your business’s location in page titles, meta descriptions, and header tags. They also filter location, activity, business type, and business size.

article thumbnail

How to Design Social Interfaces

Jay Cross

He maintains Yahoo’s design pattern library. However, I hadn’t thought of the net as an accumulation of patterns of identity, presence, reputation, collecting, broadcasting, feedback, collaboration, and community. Tags: Design. Christian Crumlish has a fantastic job. Designing Social Interfaces.

Wiki 44
article thumbnail

single-source learning content development…

Xyleme

Publishing Your Way to Content Success e-Books, Open Standards, and Content Formats RSS feed Google Youdao Xian Guo Zhua Xia My Yahoo! She is Xylemes VP of Marketing, writes a lot about XML, learns a tremendous amount from the training community and hopes she’s adding some insight. Learn more about Dawn here.

article thumbnail

single-source learning content development…

Xyleme

Publishing Your Way to Content Success e-Books, Open Standards, and Content Formats RSS feed Google Youdao Xian Guo Zhua Xia My Yahoo! She is Xylemes VP of Marketing, writes a lot about XML, learns a tremendous amount from the training community and hopes she’s adding some insight. Learn more about Dawn here.