My History of Live Blogged Notes

Experiencing eLearning

Digital Storytelling in a Web 2.0 Transitioning from WebCT to Sakai. Learning Communities. Wikis & Emerging Web 2.0 E-Learning Communities. Wikis that Work: Effective Wiki Practices for Virtual Learning Communities. Global Collaboration in the Web 2.0

Kluging: An LMS Alternative

Web Tools for Learners

I confess I’m ambivalent about Learning Management Systems such as WebCT ad Desire2Learn. (I’m I’m ambivalent about LMSs because I learned to use the web in teaching using an early version of WebCT - it was a scaffold for my learning and, as such, I hold it in some affection. However, as a teacher of communication skills and arts, as someone fascinated by language, I continued to learn about what could be done on the web, even outside of the LMS.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

udutu - Free, Easy, and Perhaps Unnecessary

Web Tools for Learners

As the early WebCT did for me, udutu could provide a kind of scaffolding for teachers new to using the web in their teaching. For my fall course, students will be using a class wiki, which will be linked to a class community blog, which will be, of course, linked back to the wiki.

Udutu 52

e-Learning Acupuncture: Wiki uses at Universities

E-Learning Acupuncture

Thursday, March 08, 2007 Wiki uses at Universities Wikis, a popular Web 2.0 The addition of a student-to-student, and/or student-to-instructor, collaborative tool such as a wiki would complement very well the WebCT and DNDLearn LMS functionalities currently at RMC, especially if it is compatible with the PWGSC DWAN firewall. A wiki would allow a team member-editable web space where project management and status information could be communicated and shared.

Wiki 40