Blog

Lambda Analytics: Forum Moderation Made Easy Out-Of-The-Box

June 8, 2020 | 1 Min Read

Engagement & Effectiveness are crucial for eLearning success. Grab your guide to using the all-important E’s of eLearning to reach your goals.

Get your free eBook here!

WRITTEN BY

Lambda Solutions

Moderating online discussions is an essential part of the learner experience.  When interacting with your learners in forums, you can affirm, guide, and motivate your learners--all essential aspects of creating a positive learner experience.

This can become a time-consuming task, though, especially if you have multiple forums across multiple courses!  Generally speaking, that means you would have to click into each course, find the forum and then go into the forum to see the latest posts.  

Wouldn’t it be great if you could see all the new posts in one view and then go directly to that post to respond?

Our out-of-the-box reports are designed to help you manage your forums, so you can spend more time fostering learning.  Here’s a snapshot of one of our most popular forum reports:

Forum Summary

The Forum Summary report is a great start for forum moderators.  While the report itself is simple, the filters offer the moderator many options in creating the combination of results they may need. 

This report shows the following information:

• Student name
  • Course name
  • Forum name
  • Post subject
  • Post created date

Forum Summary Report

The report can then be filtered for: 

• Student
  • Course category
  • Course
  • Forum name
  • Post created date

So, say I am an education coordinator and I need to follow posts in forums in three onboarding courses.  I have been tasked to respond daily to ensure all questions are answered in a timely fashion. 

I would filter the report for those three courses and set the post date created in the past day.  

Date Filter

I could have this report on my dashboard, so that I can see it as soon as I log into the LMS.  Additionally, we can hyperlink the names of the courses and forum activities so that you can go directly from the report to the forum and make your post! 

To learn more about forum reports and how to create your own, join our Lambda Lab.

Sell, market, manage, and scale your eLearning all in one place with the brand new Lambda Suite!!

Explore Now
Stay Current on Everything LMS

test123

Download the Hot Sheet