| || |
| | DONT WASTE YOUR TIME
JANUARY 3, 2013 Creative Commons Infographic: Licenses Explained
Do you use images or photos? Do you check with the owner before saving or copying or using? Are you using Creative Commons (CC) images and think that it’s all OK because the image labelled as CC therefore you’ve done all your supposed to? Do you in fact understand what Creative Commons is? If in doubt, before you go any further, watch this video: Creative Commons Explained.
| | KNOWLEDGESTAR
JANUARY 3, 2013 Case Study: Flipped Classrooms Work for Students. Period.
This case study grabbed my attention for several reasons. It is written by the Greg Green, the Principal at Clintondale High School in Clinton Township, Michigan. It talks about how he flipped what he terms ". a financially challenged school near Detroit". The flipped version of the school way out-performed the standard model that was failing in almost every respect. And he wraps it up with the following statement:"Instead of placing blame on each other, we need to recognize the solution, which has been right in front of us the whole time. It’s It’s time to change education forever.".
| | LEARNDASH
JANUARY 1, 2013 State of the E-Learning Industry [INFOGRAPHIC]
Well it is now official, 2013 is here (so much for all of those Mayan predictions) and there are certainly big things on the e-learning horizon. Before speculating about the next big thing, let’s take a moment to review the current state of the e-learning industry… and what better way to get a quick 5-minute overview than through an infographic. Onward and upward for the industry!
| | QUICKTHOUGHTS
JANUARY 4, 2013 Tin Can: Caution, may make aggravated reading!
By Neil Lasher. So what’s all the fuss about? You think I am going to tell you that you need a new management system or some expensive upgrade to the one you already have? No, actually I am not, unless of course you care about the work you are doing as a learning professional. No, not true. In those days, the cost was about $25-40k for an hour of learning. That early CBT was bordering on awful.
| || || || |
CLIVE ON LEARNING Do as you would be done by
| THURSDAY, JANUARY 3, 2013
It's the time of year for resolutions. In fact, as I type, it's already 2nd January, so it's already the time for regrets as most resolutions are already broken, but I'll stick with the theme. For the past few years, my resolution has been to take the football less seriously, as my emotional state is so often determined by the run of results of Brighton and Hove Albion FC, but this time it's different. For 2013, I will endeavour to 'do as you would be done by', not in any karmic sense, but as a designer of learning solutions. As a designer, there's a real risk of under-estimating your audience. MORE >>
LEARNING ECOSYSTEMS Big education ideas in 2013 [edutopia.org]
| WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 2, 2013
Big education ideas in 2013 — from edutopia.org. Have you made your list of New Year’s resolutions yet? We’ve pulled together seven big ideas to try in 2013. ideas (teaching) K-12 related K-12 MORE >>
JAY CROSS Don’t you see it?
| SUNDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2012
Now You See It: How Technology and Brain Science Will Transform Schools and Business for the 21st Century by Cathy N. Davison, a polymath professor at Duke. 292 pages. 11.68 (paperback) on Amazon. Her blog. finished reading Cathy Davidson’s Now You See It yesterday afternoon. It is brilliant. Extremely well-written. Nearly impossible to put down. love the way this woman thinks. This is a beautiful book. Have you ever watched the television series Eureka ? Your eyes are pried open by the reality shift. That’s what I experienced reading Now You See It. Humans have low bandwidth. MORE >>
E-LEARNING ACADEMY How I Make an Audio Podcast for Website Information
| FRIDAY, JANUARY 4, 2013
Question from a client: We have new information to tell our clients, but we aren’t ready to make videos. We’d like to create an interim audio podcast to provide this information in a simple and accessible format. How do we do this using a PC? There is still a role for audio podcasts on websites. [.]. Client question Development Podcast MORE >>
SOCIAL LEARNING BLOG ‘Just In Time’ and ‘Just Enough’; or Death to Clippy
| THURSDAY, JANUARY 3, 2013
In a recent meeting I had the sobering experience of learning that one of my young colleagues1 did not know who Clippy was. Remember him?2 Microsoft’s short-lived avatar that would pop up to try to “help” you with your work? To be fair, my colleague just didn’t know his [.] The post ‘Just In Time’ and ‘Just Enough’; or Death to Clippy appeared first on Social Learning Blog MORE >>
- 13 Ways to Learn in 2013 THE ELEARNING COACH | THURSDAY, JANUARY 3, 2013
- The Berkeley Lineman JAY CROSS | TUESDAY, JANUARY 1, 2013
- Determinism, Best Practice, and the ‘Training Solution’ PERFORMANCE LEARNING PRODUCTIVITY | THURSDAY, JANUARY 3, 2013
- Free E-Learning Tutorial: Video for Organisational Learning CONNECT THINKING | SATURDAY, DECEMBER 29, 2012
- The Future of Mobile Learning CLO MAGAZINE | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 2, 2013
- On-Line Certificate Program On Gamification Offered by Bloomsburg University KAPP NOTES | FRIDAY, JANUARY 4, 2013
- How to succeed with online learning for colleges and universities ELEARNING 24-7 | THURSDAY, JANUARY 3, 2013
- Closing the Competency Gap TOPYX SOCIAL LEARNING | FRIDAY, JANUARY 4, 2013
- 13 Resolutions for Professional Development in 2013 LEARNING JOURNAL | TUESDAY, JANUARY 1, 2013
- Three Reasons its Time for Our Platforms to Evolve TRAINING INDUSTRY BLOG | FRIDAY, JANUARY 4, 2013
- One Learning Designer's Look Back at 2012 LEARNING VISIONS | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 2, 2013
- It’s called reading … [cartoon] DONT WASTE YOUR TIME | FRIDAY, JANUARY 4, 2013
- Tools and competencies for the social enterprise LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2012
- The year of the blend ONLIGNMENT | FRIDAY, JANUARY 4, 2013
- Adding an Articulate Storyline course DEVELOPER ON DUTY | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 2, 2013
- Refining Designing CLARK QUINN | THURSDAY, JANUARY 3, 2013
- My 2012 Enterprise mLearning Predictions Recap MLEARNING TRENDS | MONDAY, DECEMBER 31, 2012
- What Beer Commercials Reveal About Emotions Online… WIRED@HEART | TUESDAY, JANUARY 1, 2013
- A simple language learning resource LEARNING ROCKS | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 2, 2013
- What Kept Training Managers Awake in 2012? LEARN AND LEAD | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2012
- Reflections on 2012 AARON SILVERS | MONDAY, DECEMBER 31, 2012
- Create LMS Advocates MANAGING ELEARNING | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 2, 2013
- Which Kid Becomes a Successful Entrepreneur? KNOWLEDGESTAR | FRIDAY, JANUARY 4, 2013
- Developing a MOOC-inspired course [Gerstein] LEARNING ECOSYSTEMS | THURSDAY, JANUARY 3, 2013
- Five Ways to Make Online Learning Engaging VIKAS JOSHI ON INTERACTIVE LEARNING | MONDAY, DECEMBER 31, 2012
- This Week on #TalkTech: eLearning and mLearning Trends, Deloitte and Gamification and Gamified Freelance Work BOTTOM-LINE PERFORMANCE | THURSDAY, JANUARY 3, 2013
- Autotelic: The Word of 2013 BRAVE NEW ORG | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 2, 2013
- Happiness is yours for the taking JAY CROSS | MONDAY, DECEMBER 31, 2012
- Experimentation will be critically important in 2013+ for the higher education industry [Christian] LEARNING ECOSYSTEMS | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 2, 2013
- Resolve to Try Something New in eLearning in 2013 INTEGRATED LEARNINGS | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 2, 2013
- Learning Technology: Where’s the Money Going? CLO MAGAZINE | SATURDAY, DECEMBER 29, 2012
- The future of classrooms LEARNING WITH E'S | THURSDAY, JANUARY 3, 2013
- 5 reasons to get excited about Augmented Reality in 2013 [Trak Lord] LEARNING ECOSYSTEMS | MONDAY, DECEMBER 31, 2012
- 2012 in retrospective: top 10 posts CHALLENGE TO LEARN | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 2, 2013
- A Year of “The Performance Improvement Blog” in Review THE PEFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT BLOG | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 2, 2013
- Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2013: What to expect [gdgt.com] LEARNING ECOSYSTEMS | FRIDAY, JANUARY 4, 2013
- Bersin & Associates becomes Bersin by Deloitte LEARNING ON THE LEADING EDGE | THURSDAY, JANUARY 3, 2013
- 3 Big Ideas: Mashing-up Substance with Style TRINA RIMMER | TUESDAY, JANUARY 1, 2013
- Lamentations 3:22-23 (NIV) LEARNING ECOSYSTEMS | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 2, 2013
- The ToolBar, Episode 24 — You Can’t Beer Everybody ONEHUNDREDFORTYWORDS | FRIDAY, JANUARY 4, 2013
- Jane's Pick: Top 50 Articles of 2012 JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | MONDAY, DECEMBER 31, 2012
eLearning Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.