Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Consulting Remove Yammer
article thumbnail

Setting the tone for your online learning community

Logicearth

They came up with the concept of ‘Communities of Practice’, in which the participants can co-create a “shared repertoire of resources: experiences, stories, tools, ways of addressing recurring problems” ( Lave and Wenger, 1991 ). So, how do we facilitate a successful social learning community online?

article thumbnail

Setting the tone for your online learning community

Logicearth

They came up with the concept of ‘Communities of Practice’, in which the participants can co-create a “shared repertoire of resources: experiences, stories, tools, ways of addressing recurring problems” ( Lave and Wenger, 1991 ). So, how do we facilitate a successful social learning community online?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

7 Strategies to Facilitate “Working Out Loud”

Learnnovators

The more I thought about it, the more it seemed to me that it is one of the fundamental blocks of building a community of practice. A community grows around a domain where practitioners share their insights, knowledge and doubts, the work processes. Take Linux or the GitHub community for example.

article thumbnail

My Twitter Weekly Links Digest for 2011-07-17

Jane Hart

Being in a Learning Community – It’s more than signing up [link] #. RT @ alc47 : Communities – the engine of transformation [link] #. Running a Successful Yammer Event [link] via @ Yammer #. RT @ timkastelle : I like this model: Consulting 2.0 I’ve done it [link] #. link] # lrnchat ?? #.

Twitter 140
article thumbnail

Notes from DevLearn and the Adobe Learning Summit

Steve Howard

Can hook up to Yammer too – Yammer is an internal Twitter-like client that allows 2.0 You can invite others… • … for back channel or private consult. Adobe demoed a widget for Captivate that allows Twitter to be embedded inside Captivate lessons. Some benefits:-. Quick and easy to set up. No cost. .