Remove ADL Remove Community Remove Version Remove xapi
article thumbnail

Think xAPI is Next-Generation SCORM? Think Again

Talented Learning

EDITOR’S NOTE: Occasionally, we invite learning community experts to share their advice with our readers. Anthony is an independent xAPI evangelist and Instructional Developer for the Internet of Things. If you’re an elearning professional, you’ve probably seen or heard the term xAPI countless times.

xapi 103
article thumbnail

Day 2 @LSCON, Nice keynote and I finally understand TinCan, Experience API, Scorm, ADL, IACC and CMI-5…….

Challenge to Learn

CMI-5 and XAPI (Tin Can API), Bill McDonald , Kris Rockwell It took me a while to figure the meaning of TinCan and I understood the impact it can have on our learning community, but I never understood why we have two competing standards (Scorm and AICC), and now there is a new standard emerging CMI-5 based on TinCan.

ADL 146
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Comprehensive Guide To Picking a SCORM Compliant LMS in 2021

Academy of Mine

SCORM compliance makes life easier for everybody in the Learning Management System (LMS) community, and making sure you choose a SCORM compliant LMS is a no-brainer. Therefore, ADL decided to design standards that could be used to let content transfer from one LMS to another without much effort at all: and SCORM was born.

SCORM 52
article thumbnail

What’s the best SCORM compliant LMS to choose in 2020?

Elucidat

Ask yourself the following questions: Which SCORM versions do I need and are they supported? There are several versions of SCORM, from SCORM 1.0 When choosing which version you want your LMS to support, you’ll need to consider which features you want from it, and which standard your elearning is built to. It supports SCORM 1.1

SCORM 52
article thumbnail

Mike Rustici – Crystal Balling with Learnnovators

Learnnovators

Rustici Software wrote the first draft of the Tin Can API before handing it off to the community for industry-wide collaboration. version of the Tin Can API. The ADL vision is actually looking this far out in the future. Learnnovators: Experience API is community-owned and community-driven. Mike: Absolutely.

ADL 100
article thumbnail

MIKE RUSTICI – CRYSTAL BALLING WITH LEARNNOVATORS

Learnnovators

Rustici Software wrote the first draft of the Tin Can API before handing it off to the community for industry-wide collaboration. version of the Tin Can API. The ADL vision is actually looking this far out in the future. Learnnovators: Experience API is community-owned and community-driven. Mike: Absolutely.

ADL 100
article thumbnail

Responding to recent ADL funding news

Experience API

I’ve spent a lot of time over the last couple of weeks learning about some things that are happening with ADL (the governing body for SCORM and closest thing we currently have to a single steward for xAPI right now). Some funding things happened at ADL, but ADL will continue to do work on xAPI and with the xAPI community.

ADL 78