Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Engineering Remove KM
article thumbnail

Lurking is Not a Static State

ID Reflections

Lurking and its role in communities has been on the forefront of my mind for the past few days. It has received a lot of attention in the past from the thought leaders in the realm of learning and the role of communities in personal as well as organizational learning. This is especially true of communities in enterprises.

article thumbnail

Learning and KM: Separated at birth?

Jay Cross

T wo years ago, DevLearn and KM World took place simultaneously in downtown San Jose. KM World 2009 is next week. I’ll be in Hope, Arkansas; Washington, DC; and Barcelona during KM World this year, so I’ll miss the show. Corporate learning and KM are both about getting the job done.

KM 38
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Informal Learning - Harold Tells Us Where To Put It - Now What

Tony Karrer

What is curious though is that much of the discussion around Informal Learning seems to center on Communities of Practice. I personally think that there's a disconnect between the design and implementation of HPT solutions and the "free range" approach that many in the Informal Learning community take.

article thumbnail

Knowledge Management Core Issues

Tony Karrer

Great post by Denham Grey - Perennial KM issues that are very similar to the core problems that we deal with in eLearning: How to speed learning, increase awareness and share experiences. Providing environments, tools and processes that encourage informal learning, knowledge sharing of effective practices and stimulate innovation.

article thumbnail

Top Posts from August - Augmented Reality - Social Learning

eLearning Learning Posts

primarily used the eLearning Learning and Communities and Networks sites and used Conference , Online Facilitation of Conferences , Online Interaction in Conferences , Moderating Online Interaction , and others. I’ve found these dimensions very usefull in consulting about communities, exploring its value for the organization.

article thumbnail

Valuable Content - Views and Social Signals

Tony Karrer

Bill Ives - Your Favorite Portals and KM Posts for Last Quarter and Last Year Both posts look at page views of posts and use that as a proxy for what is good / interesting / valuable. Because both Nancy and Bill contribute to the Communities and Networks Connection and both have the keyword widget installed, I was able to see.

KM 103