article thumbnail

My Personal Knowledge Management Approach

Clark Quinn

First, Harold’s Personal Knowledge Management ( PKM ) model has three components: seek, sense, and share. Here I typically use DuckDuckGo as my search engine, and often end up at Wikipedia. So workgroups and communities can do a similar approach to continually processing. So that’s a rough cut at my PKM process.

article thumbnail

Skills for the Networked World

ID Reflections

Wikipedia ( [link] The skills and behaviours like working out loud , building one''s PLN and PKM, digital sense-making , and such require the sort of meta-cognition skills described above. The Seek>Sense>Share PKM model described by Harold Jarche and similar model by others rest on our critical thinking and cognitive abilities.

Cognitive 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Changing Face of Work and Workplace Learning

ID Reflections

Communities of professionals collaborating and cooperating to learn together will be on the rise. Content will be continuously co-created and co-owned by the community members ( much like the evolution of Wikipedia ). L&D will have to don the hat of community managers and become learners.

Change 227
article thumbnail

L&D's New Hatrack

ID Reflections

This necessitates individuals to practice Personal Knowledge Management (PKM) and build their Personal Learning Networks (PLN). Since not all L&D members possibly use social media to drive their own professional development, acquiring the skills of PKM will require some time and effort.

PKM 100
article thumbnail

The Changing Face of Work and Workplace Learning

Learnnovators

” – Wikipedia. The rise of mobile computing in the form smartphones, tablets, and wearable devices accompanied by ubiquitous Internet connection is creating unforeseen change–in how we work, learn, communicate, do business, conduct personal tasks, and myriad other aspects. But I see this as an emerging trend.

article thumbnail

Pick of the Month: August 2012

Jane Hart

The month started with a survey, reported in Social Business News, that showed that Professionals spend 40% of their time in online peer communities. “The study surveyed 300 professionals and found that by far the most frequent use of social media amongst professionals was interacting with their peers in professional communities .

article thumbnail

THE CHANGING FACE OF WORK AND WORKPLACE LEARNING

Learnnovators

On March 1, 2011, IBM announced the IBM SmartCloud framework to support Smarter Planet.” – Wikipedia. Communities of professionals collaborating and cooperating to learn together will be on the rise. Content will be continuously co-created and co-owned by the community members ( much like the evolution of Wikipedia ).