article thumbnail

TCC08: Transitioning from WebCT to Sakai

Experiencing eLearning

I Need Somebody: Faculty Perspectives on Transitioning from WebCT to a Sakai-based Learning Management System,&# by Ariana Eichelberger, Educational Technology, University of Hawaii at Manoa. Comfortable with WebCT and hesitant to switch. They are currently in transition, but WebCT will be going away soon. Faculty responses.

Webct 170
article thumbnail

Keeping Up - April's Big Question

eLearning Cyclops

However, being involved in an e-learning community is a big help. For me it is a blog community and following many experts on Twitter. Many of the blogs I follow are part of the eLearningLearning community. When I do find interesting tools I will keep track of them using my Delicious account.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Learning Management Systems: The Good, Bad & Missing

Academy of Mine

Generally speaking, Learning Management Systems like WebCT or Blackboard are used for larger educational institutions like colleges or universities, while LMS’s like the one we offer are used more by individual course sellers. Having the technology to teach online is great, but without these other features, you’ll have no students to teach.

LMS 52
article thumbnail

Is there anything Moodle can't do?

Clive on Learning

To build an online community for a potential audience of many thousands of course graduates. My question is, what am I not getting that I would with Blackboard, WebCT, FirstClass and other VLEs? To support a predominantly online course in the usual way.

Moodle 40
article thumbnail

Online Learning in Education

eLearning 24-7

Popular ones included Lotus Notes, Blackboard and WebCT. More undergrad students at community colleges and small colleges will be taking online courses than their traditional classroom counterparts by 2017 if not sooner. This is a new area that I will be tracking and monitoring. As for the systems people used, well it varied.