Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Knowledge Worker Remove Market
article thumbnail

Peter Thiel, College and The Modern Knowledge Worker

OpenSesame

Billionaire investor and venture capitalist Peter Thiel has stirred up a controversy in the tech and education sectors with a very simple argument: the formal education market is a bubble , both overvalued and overpriced. The post Peter Thiel, College and The Modern Knowledge Worker appeared first on OpenSesame.

article thumbnail

Jay Cross – Crystal Balling with Learnnovators

Learnnovators

Jay: The Internet Time Alliance is a community of practice. Forming the Alliance community was easily the best professional development move of my career. For thirty years, I’d been designing, cost-justifying, and marketing formal training programs. What is your vision for the learning community?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

JAY CROSS – CRYSTAL BALLING WITH LEARNNOVATORS

Learnnovators

Jay: The Internet Time Alliance is a community of practice. Forming the Alliance community was easily the best professional development move of my career. For thirty years, I’d been designing, cost-justifying, and marketing formal training programs. What is your vision for the learning community?

article thumbnail

JSB on the roots of informal learning

Jay Cross

Informal Learning begins with these words: “THIS IS A BOOK about knowledge workers, twenty-first-century business, and informal learning. For thirty years, I’d been designing, cost-justifying, and marketing formal training programs. “Training&# ?

article thumbnail

Reflections from May trip to Italy, UK, and Netherlands

Jay Cross

Learn the job market and find your place in it. A majority of creative knowledge workers will leave Pre-college for a new form of internship, where continuing education and experiential learning co-exist. COMMUNITIES OF PRACTICE. Chefs are my favorite example of organic communities of practice.

article thumbnail

Top 10 eLearning Predictions 2011 #LCBQ

Tony Karrer

Situated learning (learning within context in a community of practice) grows thanks to augmented mobile reality. Grows - But Creating "eLearning 2.0 Strategy" Fails Corollary: if you have SharePoint installed, you will be using SharePoint a lot more this year.

article thumbnail

PDR Design Model Supports Shift to Learning Design in the Work Context

Living in Learning

If knowledge workers are not in training, they must be at work. I will use a sales training scenario from the Pharma industry to serve as our example, and just for the record, Product Development and Product Marketing conspired to throw the stone. If Product Marketing is true to form, the rollout is next week.