article thumbnail

Going Social

Learning Visions

So last month when I prepared for my LearnNow conference presentation on "Implementing Social Learning", I reached out to my social networks. And big hat tip to Sumeet Moghe of Thoughtworks for sharing his presentation at LSCon on implementing a social learning platform (they went with Jive).

Social 160
article thumbnail

From “learning technologies” to “social technologies”

Jane Hart

Social technologies now play a big part in everything we do, and it is quite clear that many knowledge workers use a variety of social tools and networks not only to help them get work done, but also to learn efficiently while on the job. Activity streams. Real-time updates. Threaded discussions. Notifications. Group spaces.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why Slack Might Become the #1 Tool for Learning

eLearning Architect

The key driver for this was to replace tools such as Yammer, Skype and Jive (which haven't seen much engagement) and to consolidate these platforms into one tool. I met with an L&D Manager of a multinational company yesterday, who has been involved in a project to implement Slack into her organisation. the list is endless.

Scanning 187
article thumbnail

Lurking is Not a Static State

ID Reflections

Lurking and its role in communities has been on the forefront of my mind for the past few days. It has received a lot of attention in the past from the thought leaders in the realm of learning and the role of communities in personal as well as organizational learning. This is especially true of communities in enterprises.

article thumbnail

‘Konnect’ to Liberate Learning from LMS

Origin Learning

Konnect is compatible with external systems such as Sharepoint, Moodle, Jive, and Salesforce with customized connectors. Going through some of the key features of Konnect , that has won many prestigious awards in the learning arena , will help organizations mull over the option of a more robust learning architecture.

LMS 100
article thumbnail

6 Ways to Add Sizzle to Your Classroom

Learning Rebels

You can do this using a variety of very easy to use (and set-up) tools – Free tools such as Diigo , Tumblr , FaceBook, Blogger, PBWiki or Enterprise tools such as SharePoint, Jive , Yammer or SocialCast. Being able to communicate and collaborate before, during and after a session builds a successful learning environment.

Classroom 100
article thumbnail

What's on Your Social Wish List?

CLO Magazine

Social business is the flavor of the day in the C-suites of the Fortune 500. Front-running companies are installing social networks such as Chatter, Jive, Connections, Socialcast, Yammer, Socialtext, SharePoint, Ideo and HootSuite like there’s no tomorrow. ” What features would you need and why?