Customer Competencies, Co-Creation, and Brand Communities

Skilful Minds

Word of mouth communities and networks using social software are increasingly spread over regional, national, and international borders, making them much more important to those who market branded products and services, online and off. The recent buzz around the concept of social business points to the growing importance of social networks and communities to the evolution of business practice.

Siloed Social Conversations Impede Shared Experience

Skilful Minds

The Altimeter Group’s report from earlier this year, The Evolution of Social Business: Six Stages of Social Business Transformation, offers the above graphic to exemplify the way social networking develops as the social activities of businesses mature. I tend to feel skeptical about many developmental models in social business simply because markets differ, sometimes in fundamental ways, […]. John Seely Brown social business social software

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Communities / Social Networking and LMS Merger

Tony Karrer

Mzinga is a merger of KnowledgePlanet (an LMS provider and also the maker of the eLearning simulation tool - Firefly) and Shared Insights - a community / business social networking software company. It makes me wonder what this says about the LMS and tools market. This merger points to another direction - combination of LMS capability + community / social networking. It sounds a lot like an LMS with integrated communities.

e-Clippings (Learning As Art): A Couple of Lists of Sites to Start the Day.

Mark Oehlert

e-Clippings (Learning As Art) Home Archives Subscribe About My Social Networks « Using GMail and Thunderbird.thoughts? Main | The Social Graph.shaping up to be the hot summer song of 08 » March 03, 2008 A Couple of Lists of Sites to Start the Day. Hmmm.maybe not a bad idea.CSC (Chief Social Computing Officer), CSN (Chief Social Networking Officer), CW2 (Chief Web 2.0 Comments I fear that this is what's wrong with Internet marketing today.

Site 32

John Seeley Brown Keynote at #ASTD2013

Learning Visions

Building a community of peer-mentors. Using simple social software to create a network of practice or a community of practice. Basically, work IS social. This has helped to create a deep learning community within Facebook. There is a fundamentally new kind of individual entering the job market: More interested in learning than salary. Technically sophisticated and social adept. Kineo. Normal. false. false. false. EN-US. X-NONE.

Is There a Better Way to Social Learning?

Xyleme

Home > Learning Technologies , Social Learning > Is There a Better Way to Social Learning? Is There a Better Way to Social Learning? My conversation with George was no exception as we spoke at length about Connectivism , social learning networks, and the future of current learning technologies (LMS, LCMS, etc.) in light of social media. This is a list of roughly the top 35 or so social media vendors providing a broad core set of social media capabilities.

Your social wishlist

Jay Cross

How will you take advantage of your in-house social network? Your company will install an in-house social network. Wise Chief Learning Officers are thinking about how social networks will augment learning & development. Imagine that a Senior Executive in your company returns from Thanksgiving weekend having read white papers from IBM that say social business is the next step in the overall evolution of business. The allure of social business is captivating.

LMSs that kick ass: Meridian KSI

Janet Clarey

I know you’ve been incorporating some social media tools into your LMS. What is Meridian KSI doing with social media? A: Roy Haythorn - Online communities and blogs are two of the biggest social media tools that Meridian has made a part of its LMS. To do that, they’ve set up more than 134 online community rooms in our LMS. The size of the online community rooms range from two people to an entire school district.

Windmills on the mind

Learning with e's

The dust has settled over the Bazaar 'Show that You Share' conference held this week at the University of Utrecht, Netherlands, and it's all been a bit of a whirl, so now I have some time to reflect, here are some of my thoughts on the proceedings: On the theme of social software, managing digital identities is a concern, with personal content on the web being both an asset and a liability.

LMSs that kick ass: Saba

Janet Clarey

Saba’s primary market is corporate learning with just more than half of all implementations installed behind-the-firewall (largest implementation 2,000,000 learners). Director, Product Strategy who is responsible for Saba’s Social Media strategy about their product “ Saba Social.&#. Q: What social media tools has Saba incorporated into their LMS? Q: What drove your decision to incorporate social media tools into your LMS?

Saba 36

LMSs that kick ass - OutStart

Janet Clarey

I interviewed Jeff Whitney, Vice President of Marketing. By way of background, Jeff told me that OutStart has two flavors: Participate, their general social software solution and TrainingEdge.com, their SaaS solution which includes LMS, collaborative authoring, and social media specifically configured to support learning. Their acquisition included the Participate team – a group with 12 years of social media experience dating back to the mid 90s.

Top 47 Posts and 10 Hot Topics for February

eLearning Learning Posts

The following are the top items from featured sources based on social signals. Slides from Keynote at Training 2010 - Social Enterprise Blog , February 3, 2010 Slides I had the great pleasure to present a keynote address yesterday at Training 2010. I’m the Johnny Appleseed of networked, social learning I. for MarketingSocial Learning Experience The concept is probably easiest to understand by considering what HP did around their course on Web 2.0