| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | LEARNING CAFE
AUGUST 9, 2012 Outsourcing of Learning – Good, Bad, Challenges & Opportunities
Outsourcing is not without its challenges and there have been many cases where it has failed due to rising costs, mistrust with service providers and drop in service levels. Despite is challenges outsourcing and off-shoring is increasing with Offshore service providers are delivering 30-40% year-over-year revenue growth every quarter. Panel.
| | LEARNING CAFE
APRIL 28, 2012 Do you have a Personal Development Plan?
Now I’m not going to start providing detailed reasons why you should use Twitter as there are already some fantastic blogs already out there that do a much better job than I ever could, one of my favourites is 5 months in the Twitterverse…was it worth it? Sat in a meeting room somewhere in Manchester my quarterly review was drawing to a close. Sounds great doesn’t it? Images.
| || || |
| | LEARNING CAFE
MARCH 25, 2012 70:20:10 Learning Framework – Where did those numbers come from ?
I’ve trained business analysts in six sigma then managed them on the job, providing opportunities for them to apply the learning and discussing with them their challenges and results. It For developing global mindset, providing deep experiences that change the mind from a psychological perspective. Is it different this time ?”, Here is what some our panellist have to say.
| | LEARNING CAFE
MARCH 8, 2012 WARNING, social netWORK AHEAD
1) Focus on what the tools will provide you in terms of value. do appreciate this depends on the nature of your organisation but you must provide an environment where people can share and discuss work without worrying about security or employee data being in a public space. Do you want to provide a social space for your people? Are you looking to provide more effective ways for people to work together? I’ve been reading with interest recent articles and blog posts proclaiming that social practices won’t work in the enterprise. Why not start a Scoop.it
| | LEARNING CAFE
MAY 12, 2012 Open source in corporate learning – The need to take it seriously.
It provides an opportunity for the learning function to explore ways to reduce costs of delivery and improve ROI, as the mindset, as the organisation and stakeholders are more amenable to taking risks and accept changes. The world of learning has been buffeted by the GFC and its after effects. Almost all forms of learning have been impacted. So what is the open source approach ?
| | LEARNING CAFE
NOVEMBER 24, 2011 4 reasons why employee social learning will fail at work
The success of social learning depends on the ability of the community and its contribution to provide value add. Initially communities may need a dedicated community manager or a moderator (part time or full time) who provides the necessary energy and structure in the forming stage. Yes, I know that Facebook has 23 million users. Yes, I see people on Facebook everywhere I look – on the trains, at traffic lights and when at work. Personally I spend more time than I should on LinkedIn and Facebook, much to chagrin of my family. Who wouldn’t be ? March 2011).
| || || || |
LEARNING CAFE Gartner’s top tech 2012 predictions: Impact on learning at 3 levels
| THURSDAY, APRIL 26, 2012
This decentralisation of control provides
the learning function with opportunities to be a bit more responsive to e-learner needs which in the past may have been hampered by the rigid operational frameworks imposed by IT. The highly respected information technology research and advisory company Gartner has made the top 10 enterprise technology predictions for 2012. You can access the presentation and webinar here This blog posting attempts to translate these trends into how it will impact the learning in organisations. e-Learning, video, mobile learning etc. Impact on Learners. MORE >>
LEARNING CAFE The Rise and Fall of 3D Learning – Lessons from Real Implementations
| THURSDAY, JUNE 14, 2012
These slides provide
few 3D Learning archetypes and should be of interest to Instructional Designers). As practical as I am, it is my opinion that 3D Learning is important, simply because a unique feature that these environments (and to some extent Xbox and Wii genre multiplayer games) provide
, cannot be replicated by other virtual tools, or even real life classrooms for that matter. On being asked to write a blog post on my experience with virtual learning, our near obsessive interest, few years ago, with Virtual worlds and 3D Learning comes to mind. and others not so obvious. MORE >>
LEARNING CAFE Training to Learning & Performance – It’s evolution baby!
| FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2011
Learning and development are of course important words to any business but open to interpretation in terms of what the outcomes are going to be, and subsequently can be much harder to measure and provide
hard evidence for. Learning Cuppa from the UK. Hi everyone this is my first post and I’m really pleased to be part of Learning Café. hope to bring you a view of things that are happening in the UK L&D world. In fact I hope to write about anything that might interest and generate discussion with fellow L&D professionals. So what’s a hot topic in the UK? MORE >>
LEARNING CAFE Learning through Games – From Warcraft to Workcraft?
| FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2011
recently had the pleasure of attending an eLearning Innovation Seminar organised by digital learning company Intelligo and PIXELearning – a world-leading provider
of immersive learning simulations and ‘serious games’. Personally I like role playing games (RPGs) such as Fallout 3 where game mechanics and reward schedules mean that completing quests provide
more experience points to level up and receive new skills or items. Learning Cuppa from the UK. Game play was simple, but addictive…. Image by Moochy. Image by Irrezolut. But that will end. And they will make some big changes. MORE >>
LEARNING CAFE When Social means Business …
| MONDAY, JUNE 25, 2012
For example, Bloomberg, global providers
of equity trading data for trading customers now use social media to track the flow of conversations to provide
early insights into market directions. Social networking provided
the means to connect in peer support groups where they shared ideas, sales tactics and work life balance strategies. But my belief is that we as learning professionals cannot ignore the real impact social media will have on the organisations we work within and on learning we provide
in the future. billion. And something is. Businesses are going social. MORE >>
- The disillusionment of training LEARNING CAFE | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2011
- Fortitude – the mix of intuition, courage and boldness LEARNING CAFE | TUESDAY, MAY 29, 2012
- Usability and e-Learning – The Critical Connection LEARNING CAFE | TUESDAY, JANUARY 22, 2013
- Land of Plenty Broadband – Threat Or Opportunity for the Learning Function ? LEARNING CAFE | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2011
- L&D Capability in Australia – Conversations from UnConference LEARNING CAFE | SUNDAY, MARCH 18, 2012
- The Blame Game LEARNING CAFE | SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2011
- Individual Motivational Profile – For all to use and needing your help LEARNING CAFE | TUESDAY, JUNE 5, 2012
- A beachhead for learning – Learning Conversation with Helen Zwicker, CEO Kiama Community College LEARNING CAFE | TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
- Does L&D belong in HR? LEARNING CAFE | MONDAY, AUGUST 22, 2011
- Design Principles for Learning Cafe UnConference 2013. Feb 21, Sydney. LEARNING CAFE | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2013
- Calling Learning To Account : Learning Conversation with Les Lisz LEARNING CAFE | SUNDAY, AUGUST 26, 2012
- Organisational Complexity and Implications for Leadership and Coaching LEARNING CAFE | SUNDAY, JANUARY 27, 2013
- Effective Learning – Musings from the UnConference LEARNING CAFE | TUESDAY, MARCH 6, 2012
- Learning Professionals – Do you need to tweak your pipes? LEARNING CAFE | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2011
- Blended Learning : What’s in a name LEARNING CAFE | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 2011
- Does Learning Spend Disproportionate Effort on Leadership Development? – Maybe not but it needs to be more effective. LEARNING CAFE | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2011
- The Effectiveness of Learning – A case to bury “TNA” LEARNING CAFE | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2011
- True Pioneer: William C Norris LEARNING CAFE | SATURDAY, APRIL 7, 2012
- Going Dutch: How L&D Practices Compare to Australia LEARNING CAFE | MONDAY, AUGUST 29, 2011
- Performance Support and Social Unite LEARNING CAFE | MONDAY, AUGUST 27, 2012
- Share and prosper! LEARNING CAFE | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2012
- Learning Conversation with Liz Griffin, Director, Global People Team, Ernst & Young – Part 2 LEARNING CAFE | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2011
- Learning Conversation with Michael Parker – Exec Manager – Group Learning, CBA LEARNING CAFE | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2011
- Method and madness – Disconnect between learning & knowledge LEARNING CAFE | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2011
- Trust or Bust – attracting and growing performance professionals LEARNING CAFE | SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2011
- Passion for compliance learning ! Conversation with Michael Parker – Exec Mgr, Group Learning, CBA – Part 2 LEARNING CAFE | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2011
- The Effectiveness of Learning – Design by Respect LEARNING CAFE | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2011
- Reflections from the Sydney Learning Café UnConference LEARNING CAFE | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2012
- Sights, Sounds, Thoughts and Criticisms – Sydney Learning Cafe UnConference 2012 LEARNING CAFE | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2012
- If by a miracle of mechanical ingenuity. LEARNING CAFE | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2011
- The Effectiveness of Learning – deleting “instruction” LEARNING CAFE | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2011
- Learning Conversation with Liz Griffin, Director, Global People Team, Ernst & Young – Part 1 LEARNING CAFE | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2011
- Brainstorming: From Dark Clouds to Sunshine LEARNING CAFE | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2011
- The Effectiveness of Learning – What Does Success Mean to You? LEARNING CAFE | SUNDAY, AUGUST 21, 2011
- The Need to Stop and Reflect – The Need for Engagement. LEARNING CAFE | THURSDAY, AUGUST 25, 2011
- The Effectiveness of Learning – Ready, Set, Go! (Part 2) LEARNING CAFE | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2011
- Learning Conversation with Nicola Atkinson LEARNING CAFE | SUNDAY, AUGUST 21, 2011
- Harnessing Creativity – one way to control budget blowouts. LEARNING CAFE | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2011
- Walk a mile in my shoes and Learning Councils LEARNING CAFE | WEDNESDAY, MAY 2, 2012
- Do you need a fix? LEARNING CAFE | THURSDAY, JANUARY 19, 2012
- Steve Jobs and Lessons for Designing Learning LEARNING CAFE | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2011
- The effectiveness of learning – Back to Basics LEARNING CAFE | THURSDAY, AUGUST 11, 2011
- Professionalising L&D in Australia LEARNING CAFE | TUESDAY, JANUARY 3, 2012
- Linking with Performance & Learning LEARNING CAFE | TUESDAY, JANUARY 3, 2012
- FAQ’s LEARNING CAFE | THURSDAY, JANUARY 5, 2012
- Serious Games for Serious Learning ? LEARNING CAFE | SUNDAY, JANUARY 22, 2012
eLearning Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.