Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Sample Remove Tagging
article thumbnail

Reflections on ISPI 2010

Clark Quinn

For instance, I attended a talk on Communities of Practice, but was dismayed to hear discussion of monitoring, managing, and controlling instead of nurturing and facilitation. Given the small sample, I reckon you should determine for yourself. Tags: design mobile strategy technology. What more can you ask for?

ISPI 161
article thumbnail

Informal Learning - Harold Tells Us Where To Put It - Now What

Tony Karrer

What is curious though is that much of the discussion around Informal Learning seems to center on Communities of Practice. I personally think that there's a disconnect between the design and implementation of HPT solutions and the "free range" approach that many in the Informal Learning community take.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Troubling Trends in Organizational Networks

Jay Cross

The corporations represented all sectors: IT, services, finance, manufacturing, communications, healthcare, extraction and several others. The sample size was too small and the selection process too limited for bulletproof conclusions. No communities of practice for support. Communities of Practice: Hot or Not?

Network 36
article thumbnail

So many thoughts, so little time

Jay Cross

Ofsted survey – Virtual learning environments: an evaluation of their development in a sample of educational settings - Fortnightly Mailing , January 13, 2009. Communities of Practice , March 13, 2009. The Community Manager , March 9, 2009. Connecting ideas with communities , June 30, 2009. April 23, 2009.

article thumbnail

E-Learning Q&A November Issue

eLearning 24-7

On the other hand, while Corporate is solid, it is not as high as it should be and for the life of me, I can’t understand why COPs (Communities of Practice) are still popular. 9th will include the executive summary, a product review sample (actually a real one) and an example of one LMS vendor profile. Top 50 LMSs.

Issue 69
article thumbnail

Tips on Managing All of Those Free Fonts

Rapid eLearning

You can tag your fonts. Preview sample text as either a sentence or as body text. Easy way to categorize or tag my fonts. Tidbits: Here’s a list of some of my upcoming speaking events and conferences: April 21 : Nashville, TN (ASTD): Rapid E-Learning 101 and Building Shared Practice Communities.

Free 78
article thumbnail

Not Your Father’s ROI

Jay Cross

Interview a statistically significant sample of the workforce to see if the hypothesis holds up. It relaunched informally via word of mouth and within six months had 27,000 of 83,000 employees using it, involved in 900 communities exchanging information and pertinent knowledge on a daily basis. Tags: ROI decision-making.

ROI 66