article thumbnail

APIs and Mashups r ur new ABCs for E-Learning

eLearning 24-7

An API (Application Program Interface) enables an interface from a piece of software to communicate with another piece of software (in its simplest form) or multiple pieces of software (called a mashup). hiogi.com – mobile search based on the knowledge of a worldwide community. Mashups Possibilities. MediaWiki API.

Mashups 65
article thumbnail

Can You Take the Heat?

CLO Magazine

The debate about global warming still rages, but few of us would argue against the idea that things seem to be heating up, and it is affecting everyone’s behavior. They synchronize seasonal migration to their calving grounds with day length. ” Consider what’s happening with caribou in West Greenland.

Mash-up 51
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

NextGen LMS Features (Now and Later)

eLearning 24-7

Social – Create a community across the system, create communities tied to each group, create community tied to each course. Including mashups (two or more APIs). Mobile – Native app, available in iTunes, Google Play (Android), ability to view and take courses, content, assessments and whatever else you choose.

LMS 58
article thumbnail

Plug-and-Play eLearning

Breakthrough eLearning

Silly me; I thought I would bring up a blank page on my computer, write and format something, click a button, and be up and running. Even with the advent of user-friendly HTML editors, you still required some IT support and guidance to get something up on a web site that worked and looked half-decent.

article thumbnail

The 21st Century Curator

ID Reflections

He followed this up later with The5 Models Of Content Curation. Mashup : Mashups are unique curatedjuxtapositions where mergingexisting content is used to create a new point of view. Curators are focused on information flows withoutthinking they’re leading or managing any community. approaches?

PKM 218
article thumbnail

WHEN YOUR LEARNERS ARE ENGINEERS… BETTER KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE

Wonderful Brain

The objective seems to be an explanation of how automatic data synchronization takes place. In the current screen learners are told after CM has been added as a Managed Element it is cued up for synchronization. While this seems to have logic and order, it is a mashup of too many ideas in one space.