article thumbnail

12 eLearning Predictions for 2009

Tony Karrer

Corollary: if you have SharePoint installed, you will be using SharePoint a lot more this year. #3 It's also interesting to see effort's like Articulate's Community Interactions - which is essentially the ability to add specialized interactions including new types of interactions from the developer community. #8

article thumbnail

2009 Predictions How Did I Do?

Tony Karrer

Corollary: if you have SharePoint installed, you will be using SharePoint a lot more this year. Particularly, I’ve decided to always be a “Jack” … if you don’t know what that means or what it means about selling social learning then you should look at: Selling Learning Communities – Not Everyone Will or Wants a Group Hug.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Web 2.0 Applications in Learning

Tony Karrer

Last week I presented a session at ASTD TechKnowledge entitled eLearning 2.0 - Applications and Implications. It could just as easily have been called Web 2.0 Applications in Learning. It was designed to be a small to medium size group discussion, but because the room was large it was very challenging to do that successfully.

Wiki 105
article thumbnail

2008 2009

Tony Karrer

The fact that this is one of the general sessions at ASTD TechKnowledge is interesting way to start 2009. Temporary Learning Communities A new batch of Learning Communities emerged. But I'm also realizing that many learning communities form and go away - and that's okay. Applications in Learning (24) Free - Web 2.0

article thumbnail

Top 47 Posts and 10 Hot Topics for February

eLearning Learning Posts

SharePoint Social Learning Experience - eLearning Technology , February 1, 2010 I had a great conversation last week that sparked an early stage idea for what I think would be a wonderful way for learning and development organizations to leverage SharePoint better. Engaging the Community – where to start? for Marketing.

article thumbnail

eLearning Conferences 2013

Tony Karrer

link] December 2-7, 2012 Executive Leadership Institute , sponsored by the League for Innovation in the Community College, Arizona Biltmore, Phoenix, Arizona, USA. link] January 30-February 1, 2013 American Society for Training and Development (ASTD) TechKnowledge , San Jose, California, USA.

article thumbnail

eLearning Conferences 2012

Tony Karrer

link] December 1-3, 2011 E-Activities (e-Learning, e-Communities, e-Commerce, e-Management, e-Marketing, e-Governance and Tele-working) , 10 th , sponsored by World Scientific and Engineering Academy and Society (WSEAS), Bina Nusantara University, Island of Java, Indonesia. Charles, Illinois, USA.