| || |
| | E-LEARNING PROVOCATEUR
DECEMBER 10, 2013 MOOCs, open badges & the future of e-learning
'Another year of blogging draws to a close, this time dominated by the themes of MOOCs, open badges and the future of e-learning. This year my blog enjoyed more robust discussion, and I thank everyone who cared enough to comment. Comments are the lifeblood of bloggers, so cheers! Thanks so much for your thoughtful, supportive and challenging comments: you improved my thinking. MOOCs. Open badges.
| | DONT WASTE YOUR TIME
DECEMBER 9, 2013 How to focus in the age of distraction
'So many of us are connected and/or using our connected devices regularly. Some might say we / you are addicted to them and suffer withdrawal symptoms when we forget them or leave home home without them. So then, how do we stay focused in this “age of distraction”? Genovese highlights her analysis of the book and the changes she’s making to sharpen her focus, including: .
| | LEARNING WITH E'S
DECEMBER 8, 2013 The future of knowledge navigation
'Will we ever reach the point in our human development where our relationship with our technologies becomes so natural that they become a part of us? Will we ever be able to claim that they are a problem free extension of our physical capabilities - seamlessly connected to our minds? Many would argue that we have already achieved this. This differential is stark and unforgiving. Unported License.
| | LEARN TO SUCCEED
DECEMBER 10, 2013 Simulations in e-Learning: The power of experiential learning
'With evolving technologies, the need for high-end e-learning is also on a continuous rise. The corporate world has seen and experienced the success of traditional e-learning and now want more. Not just in terms of delivering knowledge but the inclusion of the elements of interactivity and motivation for learners. This is the all important step of ‘doing’. Source: William Horton, 2000).
| || || || |
IGNATIA WEBS Tips for planning Your #MOOC #OEB13
| THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2013
'This slide deck will be used at Online Educa Berlin 2013 to allow people to set up their own MOOC. It is a short set of slides, with links to other MOOC information. The main idea is to get people on their way, and to make them think on where to go with their overall training. If you are at Online Educa Berlin, feel free to join me in room Lincke (first floor) between 14.30 - 16.00. will start / end the session on time. And if you plan a MOOC yourself, why not connect with me from anywhere? The way I see it, we are all in this together - education/training helps us all. MORE >>
ELEARNING BROTHERS What is eLearning Gamification?
| WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
'You know you have become an eLearning nerd when watching a movie all you think about is gamification and instructional design. Elearning Gamification in Ender’s Game. recently went and saw Ender’s Game, and love it. It’s about a kid named Ender who is a possible candidate to save the world from an impending alien invasion. They train him for a special mission at a school in space. During the movie Ender plays and interacts with a variety of game simulations and interactive graphics. It was cool eLearning game stuff! They have a simulation room. But first…. What is eLearning Gamification? MORE >>
SPICY LEARNING What works about the webinar for learning?
| MONDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2013
'Webinar is probably my favourite portmanteau (web + seminar). And that’s saying something, because I genuinely believe that ‘spork’ is one of the finest words (spoon + fork) to ever come into existence. But then again, webinars and sporks aren’t so different, when you think about it. know what you’re thinking, I heard myself too. But let’s try and justify that seemingly ill-founded analogy. Stand back everyone, I’m going to attempt logic. Firstly, sporks are a useful combination of two different yet related tools. In many ways, they are a marvel of modern technology. Don’t worry, it’s coming. MORE >>
EDYNCO How to create efficient quizzes?
| FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2013
'Students shouldn’t only be listeners. They should also interact with learning content. Quiz is one of the possible interactions that gives great results for long-term knowledge. There are four basic types of questions: multiple choice, single choice, true/false and fill in the blanks. As I’ll explain, these types serve slightly different purposes, but the main purpose of all quizzes is assessment. You can and should mix it up with different types of questions – as it engages the students mind in multiple ways. There are however some basic principles to follow. Where does the quiz belong? MORE >>
KAPP NOTES Thinking about Gamification in Learning and Instruction
| TUESDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2013
'Here is a rough draft of the introduction of a chapter I am writing for a book. The first part of the chapter is an attempt to identify the key elements in the definition of gamification. Ironically, there is a good deal of consensus on the high level definition but, as they say, the devil is in the details. Gamification is an emergent approach to instruction which facilitates learning and encourages motivation through the use of game elements, mechanics and game-based thinking. Origin of Term. 2011, Groh, 2012). Complication in Application. Wilson et. Major Categories Identified. References. MORE >>
- Would you like an education with that? E-LEARNING PROVOCATEUR | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- 7 Awesome Advantages of ELearning LEARNDASH | MONDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2013
- Getting Started in eLearning ELEARNING CYCLOPS | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2013
- Favourite Books of 2013 That I Read BRAVE NEW ORG | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- ROE Tips for Your Association’s Online Community ASSOCIATION ELEARNING | MONDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2013
- Revolutionize Learning & Development CLARK QUINN | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2013
- Tips for E-Learning Translation E-LEARNING UNCOVERED | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- LN 05 - Personalized Learning Video Speed Matters! Tom Kuhlmann Responds Quickly! ZAIDLEARN | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- Hot off the press! LEARNFOREVER | MONDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2013
- Using Carrots in Your ELearning LEARNDASH | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2013
- The ideal Christmas present for your staff. JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2013
- Adobe Captivate 7.01: A True Star I CAME, I SAW, I LEARNED | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- Moodle - Blocks - Docking and Minimising LEARNING TECHNOLOGY LEARNING | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2013
- Review: MakeSomeTime Invoicing App BRIAN DUSABLON | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2013
- Augmenting Human Intellect: Vale Doug Engelbart CLARK QUINN | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2013
- Building and Leading an Online Community: Workshop JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2013
- What is Rapid eLearning? DIGITALCHALK ELEARNING | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2013
- Blackboard Mobile Learn App – examples? DONT WASTE YOUR TIME | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2013
- Rands on Leadership BRIAN DUSABLON | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- Social Performance Support: help your people help themselves JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2013
- Technology Projections for 2014: The Crystal Ball for the Year Ahead LEARNING ON THE LEADING EDGE | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- Timing Is Everything CLO MAGAZINE | SATURDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2013
- 38 E-learning traps and how to avoid them TOWARDS MATURITY | SATURDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2013
- Time Management Tips for The End-of-Year Sales Run EJ4 | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- Preparing for Adaptive Learning LEARNING TECHNOLOGIES | MONDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2013
- The most awaited enhancements in Advanced Actions and Variables are here! ADOBE CAPTIVATE BLOG | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2013
- Moving forward with Social Collaboration LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2013
- Do you know what networks are working for you? MARK OEHLERT | MONDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2013
- ANNOUNCE: Adobe Captivate 6.0.2 Update with support for OS X Mavericks now Available ADOBE CAPTIVATE BLOG | MONDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2013
- Lessons from an early MOOC LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | MONDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2013
- Time Management From The Inside Out [Summary Download] EJ4 | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2013
- Runtastic missteps but leaves clues for Runkeeper and MapMyRun MARK OEHLERT | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- The value of Twitter LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2013
- Decorate for the Holidays: Fun with Snagit + TechSmith Fuse VISUAL LOUNGE | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2013
- Is Your Talent Pool Innovation Fit or Flabby? CLO MAGAZINE | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2013
- 30 Juicy Questions to Grow Your Life in 2014--Day Five BAMBOO PROJECT | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2013
- Top Corporate Holiday Party Dos & Don’ts EJ4 | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2013
- 30 Juicy Questions to Grow Your Life in 2014--Day Three BAMBOO PROJECT | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- Social Learning Handbook 2014 JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2013
- Tech Headlines for December 2013 LEARNING TECHNOLOGIES | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2013
- Flipping Learning at EPHEC LEARNING TECHNOLOGIES | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
eLearning Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.