Remove ASTD Remove Community Remove Convert Remove eBook
article thumbnail

Here’s How to Convert Click & Read to Interactive E-Learning

Rapid eLearning

One of the most frequent questions I get is how to convert linear, click-and-read courses to something more interactive. October 17 : Bloomington, IL ( CIC-ASTD ). October 23: Milwaukee, WI ( SEWI-ASTD ). Two sessions: PowerPoint’s No Longer a Slide Show Freak and Practical Approaches to Building Successful Communities.

Convert 81
article thumbnail

Hot List - Second Half of January

Tony Karrer

As I was at ASTD last week, I missed doing my Hot List for the week. Hot List - 1/17/2009 - 1/31/2009 Posts Twitter as Personal Learning and Work Tool How to Convert Your PowerPoint Presentation into an Elearning Course Building a Learning Portal YouTube videos inside Slideshare Learning 2.0

Wiki 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

You May Already Own the Tools to Create Simple E-Learning Avatars

Rapid eLearning

Considering how fast it converts the images to speaking avatars, I’m pretty impressed with the overall quality. Convert Static Images on the Slide: You can also add the image to the slide. Convert Simple Clip Art: Don’t limit yourself to real images, feel free to experiment with some of the clip art that’s available to you.

ASTD 80
article thumbnail

Do You Have the Skills to Succeed?

Rapid eLearning

If you’re looking for formal education on instructional design, we started to compile a list of degree and certificate programs in the elearning community. If you’re an Articulate user, the community offers hundreds of great how-to tutorials. Try local community groups like churches or the YMCA. Informal education. Read Books.

article thumbnail

The Guiding Principle for all Rapid E-Learners

Rapid eLearning

Many elearning courses start as classroom content that needs to be converted and put online. The subject matter expert has been using that content for years in a successful classroom setting and now wants that converted to elearning. July 18: Knoxville, TN ( Smoky Mountain ASTD ). July 25: Portland, OR (ASTD).

article thumbnail

7 Secrets to Getting the Graphics You Need for Rapid E-Learning

Rapid eLearning

Graphic design is about using screen elements to communicate meaning. The E-Learning Heroes community has a great exercise that walks you through getting the right look and feel for your elearning course. Use Image Filters to Convert Boring Clip Art & Bad Photos. Feel free to share them with the community.

article thumbnail

Three Ways That These 70 Rapid E-Learning Tips Will Help You Build Better Courses

Rapid eLearning

Get more life out of your graphic assets by converting them to silhouettes. August 16 : Atlanta, GA—ASTD: I’ll be doing two sessions, a pre-conference workshop on elearning (3 hours) and the other on elearning graphics. September 15 : Lincoln, NE (ASTD)— Become a Rapid E-Learning Pro. $80 So there you have it. Details to follow.