Remove Benefits Remove Community Remove Social Software Remove Tagging
article thumbnail

DevLearn ‘09 Keynote: Andrew McAfee #dl09

Learning Visions

is the use of emergent social software platforms by organizations in pursuit of their goals.” This is common in open source community. Build communities that people want to join – that are interesting. Benefits of 2.0 The benefit of 2.0 Tags: web 2.0 Definition: “Enterprise 2.0 Question Credentialism.

DevLearn 100
article thumbnail

Breaking eggs

Learning with e's

My chapter appears in an edited volume by Stylianos Hatzipanagos and Steven Warburton on Social Software and Developing Community Ontologies. It is a solid reference manual for best practice of social software tools in teaching and learning. As is the case with all IGI Reference books it is very overpriced.

Wiki 49
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The key to understanding what’s going on

Jay Cross

Here’s a mid-2003 article from an internal newsletter from Deloitte: Social Software: Get Affiliated. But the rise of online communities based on self-affiliation may be putting technology on your side. Social Software: Get Affiliated. Want to understand the emerging world of social software?

article thumbnail

The Emperor's new clothes?

Learning with e's

I also seem to have stirred up some passion from the edublogging community, judging by some of the blog responses to my Edupunk rant on VLEs. Not everyone wants to ditch them in favour of a patch-work, do-it-yourself approach to using social software, even if it could ultimately benefit learners more.

Wiki 45
article thumbnail

Learning and KM: Separated at birth?

Jay Cross

A social media consumer, HBS professor, MIT research scientist, and author, McAfee focuses on how emergent social software platforms are benefiting enterprises, and how smart organizations and their leaders are making effective use of them to share knowledge, inspire innovation, and enable decision making.

KM 38
article thumbnail

Top 47 Posts and 10 Hot Topics for February

eLearning Learning Posts

Definition of an E-Learning Curve – Bloom’s Taxonomy is a post from: E-Learning Curve Blog …Tags: Tags: e-learning affective domain Bloom’s Rose bloom’s taxonomy cogitive domain elearning curve learning curve psychomotor domai. Engaging the Community – where to start? I keep coming back to this topic.

article thumbnail

Jakob Nielsen on social networks on the intranet

Clive on Learning

technologies — unless ‘thinking about social software’ is considered progress. Companies are turning a blind eye to underground social software efforts until they prove their worth, and then sanctioning them within the enterprise. Tags: social networking. " " Underground efforts yield big results.