Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Effectiveness Remove KM

Communities of Practice in your LMS: A hidden KM tool

TalentLMS

One highlight of a learning management system is its collaboration within course participants. Extend this to the Subject Matter Experts and popular spokes-person through a defined communication framework and you have a community of practice in action!

KM 87

Communities of Practice in your LMS: A hidden KM tool

TalentLMS

One highlight of a learning management system is its collaboration within course participants. Extend this to the Subject Matter Experts and popular spokes-person through a defined communication framework and you have a community of practice in action!

KM 65

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Lurking is Not a Static State

ID Reflections

Lurking and its role in communities has been on the forefront of my mind for the past few days. It has received a lot of attention in the past from the thought leaders in the realm of learning and the role of communities in personal as well as organizational learning.

KM 219

Learning and KM: Separated at birth?

Jay Cross

T wo years ago, DevLearn and KM World took place simultaneously in downtown San Jose. KM World 2009 is next week. Looking through the program, I’m delighted to see that many of the sessions could easily play at DevLearn and vice-versa. I wonder if many KM fans will join us.

KM 49

Retaining Your Company’s Knowledge through eLearning

TalentLMS

Using best practices in knowledge management and eLearning development, you can actually retain the knowledge capital within your organization to perform better and more efficiently, both on the business front and in-house. In the minds of your employees.

Posts that Influenced Me in 2009

ID Reflections

That is when I thought of penning this down for further analysis and to examine the pattern of influence. Understanding Homophily on the Web (Bamboo Project: this blog was also my discovery of 2009) What did I learn: The Internet encourages the coming together of like minds.

KM 147

Knowledge Management Core Issues

Tony Karrer

Great post by Denham Grey - Perennial KM issues that are very similar to the core problems that we deal with in eLearning: How to speed learning, increase awareness and share experiences. With an ever deceasing half-life of knowledge , just keeping up has become a major corporate imperative. We need practical ways to build personal informal networks. practices ?

Top Posts from August - Augmented Reality - Social Learning

eLearning Learning Posts

August was a little quiet in terms of traffic numbers and vacations, but there were some really great posts you may have missed during vacation. My e-Learning Don’ts - MinuteBio , August 8, 2010 Here is a list I compiled of things I think should NOT be done when designing e-learning courses. Instead of moving around a computer interface as a mouse, one moves around as an anthropomorphic figure. My list of top 10 resources on Instructional Design - basics and more : 1.

LearnTrends: Backchannel

Jay Cross

The back channel becomes part of the overall message. Moderator (Harold Jarche): traditional training & education has driven much of our self-direction and creativity out of us - need to relearn. kelly_smith01: Reminds me a bit of Rummler. KM, TM, etc.