article thumbnail

Get an E-Learning Job with these Simple Tips

Rapid eLearning

Make a three-column document. In the third, document proof of this. You don’t need a formal portfolio that’s always visible, but you should have a portfolio that documents the work you’ve done and the skills you have. If you can’t show the actual product, do a simple screen grab and then document what you did.

Job 81
article thumbnail

Here’s How to Convert Click & Read to Interactive E-Learning

Rapid eLearning

Include documentation and resources. Two sessions: PowerPoint’s No Longer a Slide Show Freak and Practical Approaches to Building Successful Communities. If you’re interested in a workshop in your area, have your local ISPI or ASTD chapter contact me. This is how you get them to pull the information they need. Sign up here.

Convert 81
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

3 Reasons Why Linear E-Learning May Be the Best Solution

Rapid eLearning

But with the tools today, creating multimedia content doesn’t take much more time to pull together and distribute than a document. If you’re interested in a workshop in your area, have your local ISPI or ASTD chapter contact me. Some would argue that if there’s no performance element, then it should just be a job aid or PDF.

article thumbnail

3 Simple Ways to Measure the Success of Your E-Learning

Rapid eLearning

Some would say that in those cases they should just use a web page or create some sort of simple job aid or document. I’ll be presenting on building communities and how to build elearning courses with limited resources. November 12: Los Angeles, CA (ISPI)—Articulate Workshop. October 25: Baton Rouge, LA (ASTD)—Webinar.

Metrics 83
article thumbnail

7 questions from the University of Wisconsin-Stout ID Program

Clark Quinn

The Human Performance Technology approach (ala ISPI) is a necessary analysis before ADDIE, but it’s too infrequently seen. Which could be largely independent of place, but I liked the old role of new and independent mentorship beyond family and community, and always felt that there was a socializing role that university provides.

Program 176
article thumbnail

eLearning Conferences 2013

Tony Karrer

link] December 2-7, 2012 Executive Leadership Institute , sponsored by the League for Innovation in the Community College, Arizona Biltmore, Phoenix, Arizona, USA. link] December 5-6, 2012 Australasian Document Computing Symposium (ADCS), 17 th , Dunedin, New Zealand.